10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-6 05:25:05 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– two unsolved murders still haunt Sophia familiesOne boy was running an errand for his mother. The other was returning home from a game of cricket.But these lads never made it home. They were later found dead: sodomised and dumped in trenches.Seven-year-old Dacwaun Sutherland and 13-year-old Letroy Harris both lived in Sophia and their killers have never been caught.Letroy Harris, slain in 2006The two unsolved cases have been thrust back in the limelight following the recent murder of nine-year-old Shaquan Gittens,cheap jerseys nfl, who was abducted, bound, sodomised and dumped in a trench in the South Ruimveldt backlands.His murder appears to have been solved, but the families of Dacwaun Sutherland and Letroy Harris have never gotten such closure.Sophia residents who knew Zon Parks, a security guard, said that she apparently never let her only child, Dacwaun, out of her sight.But,cheap jerseys, as one woman would later say, there is always an unguarded moment. That unguarded moment came at around 13:30 hrs on Wednesday, June 30, 2010, when the seven-year-old visited his mom’s worksite, and she sent him home alone with some perishables that she had bought at Stabroek Market.She also instructed him to return.When night fell and he failed to return, Ms. Park made a report at the Turkeyen Police Station, while she continued her search into the night.She resumed her search the following day and while walking through ‘B’ Field, Sophia, she heard some residents saying that a boy’s body was in a trench. She immediately headed for the location.There she saw her son, who had left home wearing a pair of camouflage trousers and a white vest, lying in a canal and clad only his briefs. A post mortem revealed that he was sodomised and apparently submerged in the canal until he drowned. Death was due to drowning compounded by compression injury to the neck.Dacwaun Sutherland,nine years: Slain anddumped in a canal in 2010Some residents recalled seeing the child at around 17:00 hours on the day that he had disappeared. One woman said that she saw the boy around 13:30 hours carrying two water bottles.Another woman said she noticed the same bottles floating in the canal at around 16.00 hrs that day.Two days later, police detained a 24-year-old Sophia man who lived near the murder scene, after reports surfaced that the child was last seen in his company.But police were unable to link the 24-year-old suspect to Dacwaun Sutherland’s death. He was released on $20,000 station bail. Police also questioned five Sophia youths about Sutherland’s death but got nowhere.At the time, Zon Park was adamant that her child was slain in broad daylight. She also believed that a man in her community held the answers to her son’s death.She had claimed that previous allegations of sexual molestation of young boys had been made against the individual who lived a short distance from the murder scene.Ms. Park’s theory was that the killer concealed her son in his house and then disposed of his remains when night fell.According to Ms. Parks, police had detained the suspect and searched his home. He was subsequently released with instructions that he report to the police daily.“Someone had to see something. I am asking anyone with information to come forward because I need justice. I still hope that the truth will be revealed.”Zon Park is still waiting for that answer.But at another home in A Field, Sophia, the mother of another murdered boy seems resigned to the fact that she would never have justice for her boy’s death, nine years ago.Thirteen-year-old Letroy Hinds-Harris loved cricket. His mother, Regina Hinds,cheap nfl jerseys outlet, recalled that the St. Winefride’s High student was selected to represent that his team in Trinidad and Tobago.“He was trying to put in a little extra work to further impress the coach. Every day from school he would meet up with the team and practice before he went home,wholesale jerseys,” Mrs. Hinds said.But on October 31, 2006, the 13-year-old did not return home from practice. His mother thought that he had decided to spend the night at his sister’s residence,cheap jerseys outlet, since he would sometimes stay there.But when she called the following day, the sister revealed that Letroy wasn’t there.  A search was subsequently carried out and a missing person’s report was made.“All the time we searching and I decided to go by his friends ( who live a stone’s throw from Harris’ home) and when I asked them, the three boys said that they didn’t see my son but I know my son doesn’t go to practice without them.” She further added that just as she was about to leave,cheap jerseys cc, the father of the three boys came outside and said her son had visited his home but had left to go to practice with his sons.“When he said that the boys then said that they went practice together but they had left him at the ground,” the mother of two said.For two days, relatives and friends searched futilely for the teen.On the third day, the lad’s battered and naked body was found in a Thomas Road canal, near the National Park. His clothes were also found in the trench. A post mortem examination revealed that he was beaten and sodomized. His neck was also broken.Police questioned several people, including the slain lad’s coach,cheap nfl china jerseys, but never came close to solving his murder.Mrs. Hinds believes she knows who killed her son. She still believes her suspicions can be proven with a little hard work from the police.But tired of getting no answers, Hinds said that she stopped enquiring into her son’s case,cheapjerseys.com, while at the same time, indicating that Letroy would have been 22 years today.“You have to have money to go after these things because the police not helping…when I talked to one policeman (back then) he said that they had over 200 unsolved murders and I will have to wait,” a still traumatized Hinds recalled.Even after nine years, she is still hoping that one day the police will find her son’s killers.The woman said that she was struck by the similarities between the recent murder of nine-year-old Shaquan Gittens and her boy.“It was just like my son. He went missing and then his body was found. The only difference was that my son’s case was never solved and his penis was not severed,” Hinds related.She’s tried to move on,cheap nfl jerseys made in china, but still thinks about how she tragically lost her son in 2006.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:37 , Processed in 0.061792 second(s), 26 queries .