10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-6 07:46:53 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Coobeer Persaud, Chairman of the Providence Police Management Committee, last evening refuted claims that the force did not render assistance to Eccles residents when they came under attack by Africanised bees on Monday afternoon.“It is totally untrue to say we did not help or turn up. In fact when the station was called, the police did respond, a 22-year-old female Constable Roberts went to the scene. While trying to help she received several stings and there were visible signs of this, her eye was badly swollen. She was rushed to the Georgetown Hospital where she was given an injection and tablets… they treated her and sent her away.”Kaieteur News was made to understand that after she sustained the injuries, Constable Roberts called the Providence Station for backup and Station Sergeant Inspector Small and Detective Lance Corporal Dow responded to the scene as well.Persaud acknowledged that the family members of 48-year-old Sheikh Imran Hassan, who succumbed on Monday after being badly stung, would have been in a state of confusion at the time, and he (Persaud) extended sympathy on behalf of members of the Police Station.Meanwhile, the bee catcher who was asked by the Guyana Livestock Development Authority (GLDA) and by residents in Eccles to respond to the scene related his side of the story.He explained that when he arrived at the street of the scene, a number of angry villagers accused him of ‘taking too long’, though he only took 20 minutes to arrive by taxi.“When I reach the entire place was saturated,Alexis Sanchez Chile Jersey, a lot of bikes and bicycles, buckets,Uruguay Jersey, even cutlasses were on the road lying,Gaston Ramirez Uruguay Jersey, while people were hiding in their homes peeping through windows. Eventually after asking people,Kerim Mrabti Sweden Jersey, I found where the bees were,Hirving Lozano Mexico Jersey, which was four houses away from where the man who had been attacked lived,” said the man.Kaieteur News was made to understand that some villagers pleaded with the bee catcher to rescue two of their dogs which were badly stung.He assisted in this situation also and then ventured in search for the rest of bees.“From my estimation the bees were in the house that was four yards away from where the deceased lived for about one year. When I got there, BOP, the insecticide, smelled very heavy and this resulted in the bees being infuriated. It had about four occupants in the house and I had to spray there with a sticky retardant to control those in the nest. It had about 60,Mario Osuna Mexico Jersey,000 bees in the air and about 60,000 coming out of the nest so I had to contain them using a very strong insecticide that is rarely ever used.”This newspaper was further told that in a short period of time the bees began to fall on the ground after coming into contact with the strong insecticide. When the bee catcher ventured outside of the house into the street he was surprised at the residents’ reaction.“One man run me with a cutlass, a set of people curse me and tell me that I take too long, that it was too late. One man also stopped me and asked me to look by his door where there was a nest and I took care of that. Upon further investigation I realized there are at least four more nests in the area. I returned today (yesterday) with a team of seven, but the residents,Diego Polenta Uruguay Jersey, who were at the funeral, asked us politely to leave, so we could not work.”The bee catcher is pleading that the villagers allow the men to work peacefully and without having to receive any form of abuse by the residents of Eccles.Furthermore, the GLDA sent out an advisory on killer bees yesterday afternoon, stating that Africanized bees have been present in Guyana for several decades,Cristopher Toselli Chile Jersey, and while they are high producers of honey, they are also known for many attacks which cankill humans and animals.According to the release there is a strong tendency to invade homes and abandoned buildings.Homeowners are therefore advised to take the following precautions:1. Examine enclosed spaces such as ceilings, paneled walls and eaves between the hours 13:30 hrs to 15:00 hrs for the presence of bees.2.  If found,Viktor Claesson Sweden Jersey, do not use aerosol insecticides against the insects3. Notify the Guyana Livestock Development Authority located at Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara (numbers below) or contact a private bee exterminator.4. If bees are present in your home, avoid playing loud music.5.  In case of a bee attack, walk away briskly without fanning at the bees.6. Apply vinegar or an antihistamine cream on areas of the body stung by bees.7. Consult a physician immediately if you have been stungFor more information, contact can be made with the Guyana Livestock Development Authority at telephone numbers: 220-6556/7.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 03:01 , Processed in 0.072226 second(s), 28 queries .