10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-8 06:24:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Ministry of Home Affairs’ stray catching campaign has hit another snag following the avoidable death of another animal in a pound on the West Coast of Demerara, thanks to poor record keeping and some inconsiderate action by the police.The incident also led to the detention of the animal owner Sheikh Mustapha at the Den Amstel Police Station and the attempted arrest of a Kaieteur News Reporter who went there to cover the story.The pound located within the Den Amstel Police Station compound.The animal in question is a goat which had been picked up by stray catchers last week and impounded at the police pound in the district.From all indications the animal died from improper care even though the owner had made moves to pay the pound fee for it to be released.Mustapha,Cheap Chicago Blackhawks Jerseys, a livestock farmer from Anna Catherina, West Coast Demerara for the past 15 years was given the royal runaround while trying to straighten out the matter long before the animal succumbed on Friday last.“They released me after writing down something in a book, and now all my goats will die in the pound because the police want to spite me,” Mustapha lamented.He explained that Wednesday last, the Ministry of Home Affairs stray catching unit impounded a goat with two kids while they were in front of his business premises in Anna Catherina.“Recently I had to sell out all my goats because of the same problem,Cheap Jerseys, because if it’s not the stay catchers, the junkies kidnap them. Is over 40 goats I had, and I sell out most of them,” the livestock farmer stated.Mustapha told this newspaper that the record keeping by the police leaves much to be desired.He said that he had contacted the Den Amstel Police Station several times whenever his goats were missing to inquire if any were impounded,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, however, on all occasions it was confirmed by police that none was impounded.“But this time I see them (stay catching unit) catching my goats at 4:30 the Wednesday afternoon. Then Thursday at midday, I went to the station to collect my goats. They ask me where the goats get catch from and I said Anna Catherina. They (police) check the record and they said no goats were caught from there. I told them that’s impossible because I see them (stray catchers) taking them.”Mustapha then checked the pound himself and discovered that his goat and her two kids were indeed there. He was willing to pay the pound fee to get them released.“I see my goat and two kids in the pound, and they are still telling me the station record show that no goat came from there and they can’t give me no goat. When I get onto the man (Coordinator of the Stray Catcher Programme, Ovid Glasgow) in charge of the stray catching business, he said the catchers tell he is only up to Leonora and that was it. The matter finish.”But Mustapha persisted and eventually the police were instructed to release the animals, however, this instruction was not adhered to.“Now I got to pay $21,000 for three goats, but then I asked where and under what the money would be recorded if I pay it over, since they don’t have any records of the goats in their book. The police get vex with me and started treating me like if I was their enemy and I had to leave the station.”That was on Friday.When Mustapha returned to the station yesterday, he was greeted with the sight of one of his animals lying dead in the pound.“Plenty animal inside the pound and one bundle grass they give all the animals, and people have to pay $200 for each animal every day that they stay in the pound plus when you are taking them out is over $5,000 have to be paid on each animal,Cheap Spain Soccer Jerseys, so where are these moneys being record and who is taking care of these animals? This is cruelty,Cheap Houston Texans Jerseys,” he said.Since the commencement of the stray catching programme,Cheap France Soccer Jerseys, a number of animals have been left to die in police pounds throughout the country. Owners claimed that while they have been insisting that they be allowed to take care of their animals even while they are in the pounds,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, the police are denying them that opportunity, resulting in several of the animals starving to death.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:23 , Processed in 0.066484 second(s), 26 queries .