10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-9 11:05:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The police in Berbice are yet again being accused of using brute force when dealing with people; this time, a Corentyne man who was arrested. A Rose Hall Town mother is calling for justice after she alleged that some CID ranks from the Whim Police Station (names given) badly beat 21-year-old Lands Surveyor, Mitchell Benn.According to the woman, Marcelle Ann-Clarke, ranks descended on the area on Friday last and arrested Benn around 15:00hrs,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, placed him in the police vehicle and whisked him off to the Whim Police Station, while beating him badly.The family claimed members heard three gunshots. Suspecting something, Marcelle said that she quickly boarded a vehicle and went behind the police.“They take him and carry he down to Comprehensive [High School] Dam and like they picked up a cutlass they had in the van and they started to ‘broadside’ he on he back. Whilst he raising up, they taking their foot and mashing he down, stomping he and telling he to put down he f&^%ing head,” the mother stated.According to Marcelle, the ranks then took Benn to the Whim lock-ups where more alleged brutality continued.“Them haul he out on the vehicle and they throw he down on the ground and he keep hollering while kneeling and saying ‘Ow alyuh help me na; don’t beat me more, I am not a thief man, I don’t rob anybody,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, I don’t thief’. And them keep beating he and whilst one of them beating he, one of them throwing water (on his face) since he was having blackout episodes due to the beatings,” she added.“[A CID rank] is the one, he took he foot and started kicking he, rolling he, kicking he all the time, most part on his ribs and the other one keep throwing the water and lashing he telling he ‘Wake up! Wake up man!’”.She further said that one of the ranks allegedly said, “Y’all talking. Y’all lucky you come and meet he alive.”The family was then allegedly chased out of the Whim Police Station. She said they stated, “Ya;ll get out, get out the station! Go and bring alyuh lawyer and go and bring who ya’ll want to bring.“Whilst we walking out,Cheap NFL Jerseys, they kept beating he in the station and he kept hollering out, Mommy come and help me!’”, she said.The family members consulted a lawyer and Benn appeared at the Whim Magistrate’s Court on Monday,Wholesale China Jerseys, slapped with four charges— disorderly behaviour, breaking and entering a store at Rose Hall Town on December 15, 2010, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.The family has denied all of the charges. They stated that Benn does not involve himself in those kinds of activities.Benn was placed on $100,000 bail for the break-and-entering charge and $5,000 bail on each of the other charges but the family does not have the cash to bail the man.During this time, the man’s mother said that he was badly injured from the beatings but was not given the opportunity to receive proper medical attention.“He passing blood through the urine,” she said.The lawyer approached Magistrate Fabayo Azore and Benn was allowed to seek medical attention at the Port Mourant Hospital.The family sought an audience with ‘B’ Division Commander, Steven Merai on Tuesday but they said he “refused to listen to we and [he] sent we to the Officer-in-Charge of Crime”.Scared of the family contacting the press and taking legal action against them [the police], the family overheard a senior police official  at New Amsterdam over the phone,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, telling another rank on the Corentyne to take Benn to a hospital, quickly, for proper medical attention “to satisfy them [the family] or them will go to the press”.The man’s mother said that the police never took her son to the doctor. The police, she said,Wholesale Jerseys, later gave her a prescription to collect a few tablets from the Port Mourant Hospital.“If you see [the injuries on] he back. He kept crying to them and telling them how they beat he on he back.The magistrate ask them [the police] why they handcuff he like that. He back was bruised and swollen, especially he ribs. Everything I see what they do to me child and in this country we don’t have no right; the police give us no right, Commander, nobody”,Wholesale Jerseys China, she said.She added that one of the CID officers said that Benn “does not deserve food” and that “he deserve to be in the ice”.“They keep brutalizing people children and the Commander doesn’t have anything to say; they don’t give you satisfaction.”She alleged that the senior police ranks forced the CID officials to “find a charge and make up a charge to pass he through the court”.The man’s lawyer told Kaieteur News that he was prevented on numerous occasions from speaking to his client. “He was screaming for pains in the rib; he never confessed to anything or gave a statement,” the lawyer said.He added that Magistrate Azore had “identified marks on body that seemed fresh”.“That’s police brutality and ‘bullyism’ from the beginning. This is why the police cannot solve crimes because they apply ‘Gestapo style’ interrogation tactics in the hope of getting the man to confess to a crime he knew nothing about!”He added that Police Prosecutor Sergeant Satrohan Diaram told the court on Monday that no police officer laid a hand on Benn.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 22:06 , Processed in 0.066453 second(s), 26 queries .