10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-10 17:43:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Camp Street Prison inmate, Carl Brown yesterday revealed to the Commission of Inquiry (COI)Camp Street inmateCarl Browninto the March 3 unrest that the seizure of prisoners’ belongings, including cellular phones, marijuana,Cheap Houston Texans Jerseys, and other contraband, essentially had nothing to do with the riot which left 17 men dead.Brown testified before the three-member panel established to inquire into the disturbance yesterday. Fully clad in a Kurta (a loose long-sleeved shirt extending to the knees), the prisoner told the Commission his recollection of what took place on the night of the tragic incident.Brown told Counsel for the Commission, Excellence Dazzell that he recalled the screams of his fellow inmates on the morning of March 3,Cheap Chicago Blackhawks Jerseys, 2016. The witness claimed that he was in his hammock with his phone at the time of the ruckus.“To tell you the truth most of the time I does be in the hammock with meh phone. I really don’t have time with the prison…” he said.He said that he was in the hammock speaking on the phone with one of his girlfriends, when he was alerted that Officer Samuels was in the yard with the Prison Task Force Officers.Brown told the tribunal that he learnt subsequently that the officers were conducting a search in the various sections of the prisons.  He said that he paid the officers no mind, since searches and seizures of contraband was a common feature at the prison.However, the witness said the officers snatched two prisoners Steve Allicock and Collis Collison, and this caused a commotion among the inmates.“I heard people start saying yuh can’t knock the man and based on that, I realize what was happening,”He said that as a result,Cheap Spain Soccer Jerseys, the other inmates that were coming out of Capital A to be searched ran back to the cell and shut the door. Brown clarified that the door could not have been locked by the inmates, since it could only be locked from the outside.“At that stage I heard inmates say they light a mattress and then I heard Mr. Gladwin Samuels say ‘y’all lock de door and let them bun them mothers***t and dead.’”Asked specifically if he knew what might have caused the riot, Brown reiterated that he did not believe that it was the search or seizure of prohibited articles,Cheap France Soccer Jerseys, since this was regular occurrence at Camp Street.Brown further disclosed it is not a difficult task for prisoners to acquire prohibited items, such as cell phones and marijuana, since it is smuggled into the jail by officers of the Guyana Prison Service and then sold to the inmates.The witness told the Commission that even after a search, items that were seized would be “packaged and resold” to the inmates.The man claimed that during his 13 years of incarceration at the facility, he has owned at least seven cellular phones, which he purchased from the wardens.“I pay $7000 to bring in a phone to get a proper phone. This is my seventh phone since in prison. As soon as a phone is taken away, you pay and get it back,” Brown stated.During his evidence,Cheap Baltimore Orioles Jerseys, the prisoner also admitted that he is a regular user of the social website Facebook while in Camp Street.Upon his return to the penitentiary yesterday,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, Brown updated his Facebook status.“Just returned from COI. It was a heart painful day but I survived thank God. Well for me it was very short with time and the CoI panel. Dale Erskine was absent he just can’t face me. I heard normally Honorable Chancellor Carl Singh and Mr Charles Ramson, also the head of the Bar Association Christopher Ram is supposed to be there but today absent as well…” Brown postedOn Monday,Cheap Jerseys, murder accused Kenneth Griffith,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, told the commission that it was Deputy Director of Prisons,Cheap Green Bay Packers Jerseys, Gladwin Samuels who gave the orders which cost the lives of the 17 inmates.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:02 , Processed in 0.053026 second(s), 26 queries .