9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-14 10:40:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Music is a language of the spirit; it opens the secret of life and brings peace. It abolishes strife. That is a popular quote of famed Lebanese artist, poet,Custom Raptors Jersey, and writer Khalil Gibran but those words might prove true for local musician,Patrick Patterson Raptors Jersey, Colgrain Whyte, whose love and passion for playing the steel pan has transcended generations.Whyte believes that he is very fortunate to have come from a musical background.Growing up in Charlotte Street,Team USA Basketball Jersey, Georgetown, the father of three recalls how steel pan music has been very instrumental in his upbringing, reforming youth in his community and the Caribbean at large.Local musician, Colgrain Whyte directs a group of boys from the National School of Music during an event at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.“Although it really originated in Trinidad and Tobago, if you look at the history of steel pan music you realize that it played a major role in the upbringing of children around the Caribbean,custom nba jerseys,” Whyte said.The musician noted that the steel pan might be the most inexpensive musical instrument.“It may be the most inexpensive musical instrument in the world. It is crafted from a half of an oil drum; it is easy to make and very fun to play. Children are easily taken by it,” Colgrain explained.He fell in love with the instrument at just seven years old. Whyte inherited the art of playing the pan from his father, Calvin Whyte, the owner of the Bidco Invaders Steel Pan Orchestra.“My dad inherited the band from his cousin,Mario Hezonja Magic Jersey, Dan Sandiford, who had migrated to the United Kingdom (UK) leaving his band behind. I remember that the band went on overseas tours to Brazil, Cuba, Nicaragua, Trinidad and Tobago,Allen Iverson Team USA Jersey, Barbados and even Nigeria”,Harrison Barnes Team USA Jersey, the musician said.He recalled that “back in the day,Kevin Durant Team USA Jersey,” his father made a career out of playing the steel pans and “it fed the family and sent us to school… I had three siblings. We all learned to play the pans.”But it was the melody of the pans that captivated him to this day. Whyte, who is currently employed as a dental technician continues to play the steel pans.He has trained many youngsters in the art but explains that it has become more of a hobby for him.Whyte says that in playing the instrument he finds a way to relax and in the same vein give back to community and invest in the future generation.“I’ve had the privilege of training quite a number of youngsters…Some have migrated and are playing in bands overseas. It is a real joy to train them to pass on a skill to the next generation. My two children also play the steel pans,C.J. Watson Magic Jersey,” he added.Whyte said the Bosco Boys Orphanage at Plaisance East Coast Demerara, St. Andrews Kirk Church Youth Group and children of the Diplomatic Corps are among the groups he has worked with.He said that the steel pan is “an animated piece of instrument that cannot be easily replaced. ““I really don’t see steel pan going out of style. It’s unique to the Caribbean and it is our gift to the rest of the world. The art is an instrumental musical tool in the Caribbean. It our thing so to speak and it will remain one of the things that is special about us.”During the Christmas season, the musician uses his talent to bring cheer to others; he has had the privilege of performing at Christmas concerts at various venues including Uncle Eddie’s home.He believes that steel pan music is a real delight that should be experienced by every Caribbean native especially during this festive season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 23:52 , Processed in 0.069719 second(s), 26 queries .