10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-16 07:21:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– intolerance grew under Jagdeo’s rule – Presidential nominations a charadeFormer senior executive of the ruling People Progressive Party (PPP), Ralph Ramkarran, has hit back at criticisms over the weekend that he remained silent on corruption while he was a member of the party.Ramkarran, a former Speaker of the National Assembly and long-serving party member,China Jerseys Authentic, accused the PPP of fostering an atmosphere of intolerance to criticisms from the early 2000s with members afraid to speak out, fearing repercussions.Firing Back: Ralph RamkarranHe went further. The issue of corruption was even one that was taken off the party’s agenda and never of importance.“Several comrades courageously raised the issue of corruption again and again but were always overwhelmed by hostility or the next best thing – silence. This was not the only reason. The leadership cabal ensured that the issue of corruption was taken off the Party’s agenda.”According to Ramkarran, the intolerance to criticisms, especially criticisms of corruption, was more pronounced after 2006. “No one, and that means no one, including Mrs. (Janet) Jagan who was publicly ridiculed by then President (Bharrat) Jagdeo, who attempted to denigrate her as a private citizen when she criticised the withdrawal of government ads to Stabroek News, dared to raise any criticism or negative issue unless one was prepared for a tongue lashing.”Ramkarran reportedly resigned last year June after he penned a critical column in the party’s newspaper, The Mirror, on corruption.  The ruling party has been facing a surge of accusations of corruption and its seeming indifference to tackle it head on.Contract after contract has been under the microscope with questions over transparency. Last week, the Opposition voted down two key bills, torpedoing the US$840M Amaila Falls hydro project.No intentionsThe former Speaker was convinced yesterday that the “post-Cheddi Jagan PPP does not now have,Cheap Jerseys Authentic, nor has ever had, any intention of dealing with corruption,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, either in its ranks or anywhere else.”Over the weekend,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the PPP blasted Ramkarran for his articles carried in the Stabroek News and his website,Cheap NFL Jerseys, conversationtree.gy, saying that the former Speaker did not raise the issue of corruption when he made his bid to become the party’s Presidential Candidate in 2011.Former President Bharrat JagdeoThe party also wondered what would have happened had Ramkarran, a prominent attorney, won the Presidency…whether he would have remained quiet on corruption.But Ramkarran yesterday accused the party’s 2011 Presidential nominations of being a charade and fait accompli (a done deal), hinting that a candidate had already been determined.“I am accused of not raising the issue of corruption in my internal party statement advocating my candidacy for the presidential nomination, the whole process of which was a charade designed to glorify and to disguise a fait accompli.”He said that the party clearly forgot his 2010 article published in the Mirror and Guyana Chronicle, a state-owned newspaper, calling for additional steps to deal with corruption.“It was probably because most of the leadership do not read the Mirror and Chronicle that I wasn’t kicked out then. How can an accusation of silence on the issue of corruption stand scrutiny when I was literally kicked out of the PPP because I raised the issue?“And how can such an accusation be sustained when in late 2010 or early 2011 in an interview on Plain Talk, which was widely publicised, I said that dealing with corruption  would be my number one priority, if I received the party’s nomination and was elected?”AbuseRamkarran described the PPP statement on his writings as a disappointment. “Instead of dealing with the issues which I have highlighted, which are of great concern to the people of Guyana and members and supporters of the PPP,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, it has chosen the well worn path of personal abuse.“The leadership of the PPP has lost its will, its creative and dynamic impulses and the capacity of constructive discourse. It is suffering from incumbency fatigue. It has grown tired.”President Donald RamotarThe former Central Committee member, whose father Boysie Ramkarran was a founding member of the ruling party,Cheap Jerseys From China, made it clear that he is only the messenger. “I am not the PPP’s problem. I am only the messenger. Since the PPP chooses to attack the messenger, rather than deal with the message, all the Guyanese electorate can look forward to in the future is more of the political chaos that now prevails.”This was demonstrated by the recent “fiasco” in Parliament and petulance over the local government and hydro legislation which amply exposes their “continuing and abysmal incapacity” and “failure” to deal with issues of national importance.“The PPP is the Government. The Government was elected to deliver services and programmes, not to gain oneupmanship, make excuses and hurl epithets about the Opposition’s behavior.”Guilty organiserRegarding corruption and the party stance, Ramkarran said that in response to the “growing cancer of corruption and public criticism”, the PPP established an Anti-Corruption Committee shortly after the 2001 elections, led by former President, Janet Jagan.“Its first act was to investigate an allegation of corruption against a senior party organizer. He was found guilty. The General Secretary, Mr. Donald Ramotar, now President, adamantly refused to dismiss him or to take any other disciplinary steps against him.“Mrs. Jagan refused to convene the Anti-Corruption Committee again until disciplinary steps were taken against the organiser. None was ever taken. The Anti-Corruption Committee never met again. The organizer has since been promoted. On many occasions questions were publicly asked about this committee. This is the explanation of why it became defunct.”He also pointed out that President Donald Ramotar is also not without blame, failing to honour his campaign promise for the establishment of the Public Procurement Commission, a critical body that oversees government contracts.“The party leadership is destroying the PPP and tarnishing its great image and ideals which thousands of dedicated comrades have given much to sustain. It has driven and is driving many comrades away in circumstances which are deeply painful, which I will fully reveal in my article next week.”According to Ramkarran, instead of sharing responsibility for governance with the Opposition, it is handing the country over in its entirety to the Opposition on a platter.“It should consider steps which will bring back those comrades, retrieve its stature of the past and the respect and esteem in which it has once been held by people everywhere. Unless it does so, it will soon be out of office, still spitting and sputtering abuse against the messengers and everyone else, except itself.”The ruling party has been facing flak for the Marriott Hotel, which is using state funds, but does not have the blessings of the National Blessing; billions of dollars of drugs purchases and the distribution of statements under questionable circumstances.The Office of the Auditor General has been raising several instances of breaches in accounting, including overpayments, but the problems are being repeated.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 17:50 , Processed in 0.081072 second(s), 28 queries .