10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-16 15:34:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A few tips to avoid the troublesome issues …By Leonard GildarieMost folks when planning to build homes would have started their family, having already acquired prized possessions such as furniture, stove and refrigerator. These items would have been accumulated over the years and the emphasis would be more on a need than how well it would fit in with the décor.I must admit that despite living abroad for awhile, I only started the accumulation within the last few years, but it worked well when we built our home.I like brown and generally darker colours. So it was a no-brainer when choosing a sofa set, a chocolate-shade was the one. My wife likes stuff like candle holders and those knick-knacks that some people call art. These, too, were of the darker shades.So it all fell into place when we were painting; the furniture matched up and contrasted quite nicely with the white ceiling and bright “carotene’ yellow in the inside. Everyone likes it now, but I had a hell of a time with my contractor and a few friends when we were painting.The first coat was real bright, and the looks and mutters from my contractor were not too reassuring. It shocked me and I thought a grave mistake had been made. Not that I wanted to admit it. The colour was all wrong and looked nothing like the specimen I had seen.However, the second coat calmed everybody down, including my wife, who had kept casting some accusing looks.After the furniture was arranged, we were complimented by a young relative of mine who fell in love with the cosy, Spanish look. I love my home. Even though I live there, every time I return daily after work, the colour still provides a pleasurable jolt because of its uncommon appearance.Virtual paintingBut the above situation is more or less an ideal scenario. As mentioned, the majority of folks would have been buying furniture as they say in Guyana, “when dey catch dey hand”.So if you are one of them that already has furniture, and for the sake of argument, it ranges from red to blue to yellow to mauve, it may be a nightmare to choose a colours for your walls and ceiling.No sweat. The folks at most of the paint stores have programs on their computers that can take an image of an unpainted room and you can “paint” the room to suit your furniture.Now,Walt Tkaczuk Rangers Jersey, my argument is that if you are going to be dwelling in the home for years to come, make it comfy. While yellow makes me relaxed, you make not like it. So choose colours that reflect you.Some home decorators have been experimenting with placing furniture of different shades in a room that has different colours, to bring out that” wow” appearance. The point I am making is that there are more options in terms of colours from the various paint companies than what was available two decades ago.The trowel-tex which is a rough, highly attractive finish that is fast catching on, is an option giving the home that modern, yet old-time look, and comes in different colours.Again, to repeat what I said last week, use the internet,Brooks Orpik Capitals Jersey, visit different housing schemes to see the colours being used. Google is a great search engine and someone with basic computer experience can easily find the numerous sites dedicated to doling out advice on beautifying the home.Many home builders,Mark Messier Rangers Jersey, in the full swing of things, make decisions which in many cases they end up regretting. I did have regrets. We opted to concrete almost 80% of the yard, leaving a small section at the back.Now I am thinking it would have been a better idea to have left a few sections in front to do some planting. That is why proper planning remains one of the biggest challenges in building. You must be clear what will be the final product, as they say. I reiterate, every single adjustment costs money.Look out!Now according to the experts, there are few troublesome issues that can affect a successful completion of your home:– Buyers, lacking the necessary knowledge of the building process, forego control of their investment and look to the builder as the sole source for guidance. This reliance upon the builder to fulfill their responsibilities often ends in disappointment.When you hire a builder,Dominic Moore Canadiens Jersey, you are hiring someone in business to make a profit. That means that he will look after self-interests first, and yours second. Building a new home is probably one of the largest financial commitments you will make, protect your investment by becoming knowledgeable about the process.– Many persons before building fail to visit the construction site with the contractor before construction begins, to analyze the surroundings, conditions,Brett Hull Red Wings Jersey, potential obstacles and specific site circumstances that often require special attention.This is another common mistake, and it’s one that can be easily avoided, and one you don’t want to make. In other words, if something is overlooked, or needs to be changed when the construction begins, because the builder did not visit the site prior to initiation, the builder will look to you to pay these extra costs. And if you balk or refuse, he’ll just stop work.– One can never emphasize this enough. Keep your change orders to a minimum,Henri Richard Canadiens Jersey, and the best case scenario would be none. Why, because a change order occurs once you have hired a builder and started construction. That means that if you ask for a change, the builder can charge you whatever they want within reason (and sometimes outside of what is reasonable). Moreover, if you have an agreed upon timetable for completion in your contract,Martin St. Louis Rangers Jersey, you have now given your builder some wiggle room to miss the deadline,Keith Yandle Rangers Jersey, because you changed something.– If you have a timeline for moving into your new home, a prospective builder may use this as a sales tool to get the job, when in reality it is impossible or at least very unlikely that the projected date is attainable. You should be knowledgeable about the process to the degree that you can spot or at least suspect if a timeframe is unreasonable.The unwillingness of an owner to confront a builder with justified complaints is a common problem that must be dealt with.A home owner may really have a justified complaint, but is afraid that if he/she approaches the builder, the builder may stop or slow down work or even walk off. Don’t be afraid, it’s your hard-earned cash that’s being spent,Ted Lindsay Red Wings Jersey, and you want the best that it can afford.Enjoy your weekend, pay attention, and go online.Don’t forget to write us at [email protected] or call at 2258491.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 21:16 , Processed in 0.069481 second(s), 26 queries .