10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-16 19:09:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    hopes to boost youth leadership in GuyanaA young Guyanese entrepreneur who works in disadvantaged communities to reduce suicide has been selected to represent the Nation at the Queen’s Young Leaders Award (QYLA) in the United Kingdom, next year.Samantha Sheopersaud is the President of Enterprise Youth Development Group (EYDG), which runs several initiatives, including providing food and clothing to low income families, organising Christmas parties for children living in orphanages and offering community computer classes.According to the QYLA,Jonathan Drouin Lightning Jersey, under Sheopersaud‘s leadership, EYDG has a suicide prevention project,Marc-Andre Ter Stegen Jersey, which offers support to people at risk.  The QYLA recipient recently completed the research thesis ‘identifying depression from social media content’ and created an algorithm which processes natural language to detect ‘depressive statements’ in social media posts.She hopes that this mechanism will help those prone to suicide to turn their lives around.Sheopersaud expressed extreme excitement and gratitude at the prospect of representing Guyana in the UK at the QYLA 2017.Samantha Sheopersaud was selected to represent Guyana at QYLA 2017 in the U.K.“I humbly accept my title as Queens Young Leader 2017 with great respect, responsibility, strength, and dignity. For an opportunity to fulfill my purpose as a humanitarian and youth leader,Jared Cook Packers Jersey UK, it is the time to plant seeds for the future definition of leadership in my country. I will lead through science, innovation, and entrepreneurship serving my beautiful country Guyana.”“This award comes at a time when I am hungry for more experience and knowledge. In addition to that, I deeply feel my purpose is in serving our community, and country,Tom Barrasso Penguins Jersey,” she added.The young leader was especially thankful to her family and friends who encouraged her to apply for the award programme.During her ambassadorship with the Queens Young Leaders programme, Sheopersaud plans to work with youths in several areas.Her plan for Guyana is to create well-designed and professionally run youth development programmes, to promote youth leadership by involving youth in needs assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.“I am pushing to create more youth leaders; to emphasize to a number of organizations to include young people on their board of directors by providing them with basic skill sets needed.”Additionally, she noted that the programme must engage all participating youth through a broad spectrum of activities such as service learning,Tedy Bruschi Patriots Jersey, arts, academic, environmental transformation, humanitarian exercise, business development,Alexander Fransson Sweden Jersey, employment creation, mental capacity building and athletics; and emphasize common values such as friendship, citizenship, and learning.However, Sheopersaud said that her core focus will be on entrepreneurship,Max Pacioretty Canadiens Jersey, innovation, and suicidal solution.”The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme discovers, celebrates and supports exceptional young people from across the commonwealth, leaving a lasting legacy for her majesty the queen.The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognizes and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth,Wholesale China Jerseys, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking,Brad Richards Red Wings Jersey, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty, the Queen.With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:43 , Processed in 0.068093 second(s), 26 queries .