9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-19 03:30:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
President Donald Ramotar has expressed confidence that Guyana will overcome all its challenges, and theDonald Ramotarnation will continue to advance the all round gains and improve the quality of life of all Guyanese.The President’s optimism was delivered in a New Year’s message to the nation last evening.He noted that the outgoing year was very eventful and marked with both significant gains and major challenges.  But the President noted that Guyanese have always displayed remarkable strength and resilience in the face of major challenges.According to the Guyanese leader it is significant that 2014 saw Guyana growing economically for the ninth successive year. This he said is the longest period of continuous economic growth in the country’s recent history.“It is even more noteworthy that this growth was achieved in the most testing of circumstances.  Over just the two and a half years to mid-year 2014, the size of our economy has increased by 25 percent to $650 billion, our country has attracted more than US$629 million in foreign direct investment, credit to the private sector has grown by 41.5 percent to $190.5 billion, and total deposits in the commercial banks has grown by 22.1 percent to $334.6 billion.”The President said that all of this was achieved despite the fact that the international environment was not favourable for some of the important sectors of our economy.The price of gold,Cheap NFL Wholesale Jerseys, for instance, saw a notable fall on the international market that had,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and is having an impact on our gold sector.The price for sugar on the world market also experienced a dramatic decline by some sixty percent.The rice industry has similarly been facing the challenges of market availability, unfavourable price movement, and late payments.That Guyana has continued to grow in such circumstances is testimony that the country’s economic base is now much broader and good governance continues to characterize the management of the economy.He spoke of the strong link between the performance of the economy and the gains made in the social sector and cited the progress in the field of education and health.“Our health services too have improved both in terms of quality and quantity, despite many challenges.  We now have services at a tertiary level including by-pass operations, dialysis services,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, improved cancer treatment and better facilities for burn victims,Cheap NFL Jerseys,” President Ramortar explained.He also touched on the housing sector, pointing to entire new communities that have emerged and tens of thousands of Guyanese families that have realised their dreams of home ownership.“Regrettably,Cheap Jerseys From China, the great strides we have made in improving our economy and advancing the social sector were not matched in the political arena.  This is most disappointing.In my message on the occasion of the beginning of 2012, I had pointed to the great benefits that can accrue to our people by having greater cooperation of the parties in Parliament.I had also pointed to the dangers of not doing so.  Then, I warned that ‘…to try to make deals or to gang up against one partner, when we should be working for consensus, can be counter-productive for it will continue to breed suspicion and mistrust.  We should be working together to find common ground in the interest of our people.’Unfortunately, I did not find receptive ears in the Parliamentary Opposition.At every turn attempts have been made to stymie the growth and development of our country.  At no time did the opposition seek to use the one seat majority in Parliament to demand of us to do more for our people.  On the contrary, they moved in every way to stop progress and to cut funds for development.”He added that the Opposition also wanted to deny the country other important infrastructure such as a new and modern airport which can contribute greatly to the building of a strong tourism sector, creating more jobs and generating income for Guyanese.“Strangely too, they are implacably opposed to the building of a Speciality Hospital that will make important medical procedures affordable to our people.  Not only would this facility help to save lives, but it would also provide to all Guyanese services which are today available only to the wealthy.The Opposition displayed remarkable recklessness and disregard for the welfare of our people by twice opposing the passage of the Anti-Money Laundering Bill in the National Assembly.  In so doing they are endangering our Financial Sector, exposing it to International sanctions.”President Ramotar said that on November 10th, he was forced to prorogue the National Assembly because of the attempt by the opposition to close the Assembly down.“I did this for two reasons mainly.  First I had hoped, as I still do, that we can have dialogue on many important issues that I would like to see resolved by this 10th Parliament….Secondly, it is important to note that, had the opposition proceeded with their intended No Confidence Motion, thousands of Guyanese voters would have been disenfranchised given where we were in the voter registration process.  Thus far the opposition has spurned my attempts to discuss these issues and in their customary manner have rejected my invitation to dialogue. Clearly, we can’t continue in this way,” the president said.He added that with an opposition that has displayed a remarkable anti-developmental tendency it is important that his government regain the majority in the National Assembly to ensure continued social and economic progress.The President said that given the present political conditions, he anticipates that Guyanese will be called upon in the near future to exercise the choice that will be so critical to determining the path Guyana will follow in the years to come.“The future of our country will be decided by the manner in which that choice is made, whether our country is to continue to progress in the way it has in recent years or whether it is to regress to the dark days of the past.  I have every confidence that the Guyanese people will choose the path of progress.I wish you a happy new year and every success in 2015.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 01:17 , Processed in 0.066617 second(s), 26 queries .