10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-24 22:06:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Yesterday’s highly anticipated internal election of the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown was supposed to be explosive. It ended up as a damp squib with incumbent Mayor Patricia Chase-Green being re-elected.Deputy Mayor elect, Lionel Jaikarran (left) and Mayor elect,China Jerseys Authentic, Patricia Chase-GreenDeputy Mayor Sherod Duncan,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, who had promised to challenge the incumbent for Mayor withdrew from the process. “This is not the time for what we had hoped. I withdraw my candidacy for Mayor of Georgetown.”Duncan further said,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, “My own vision was to set us,China Jersyes Cheap, within that framework, on a path to be a modern international city through the exercise of fiscal responsibility; meaningfully reengaging the business community and Private Sector, while recapitalizing City Hall towards efficiency and public service.”“In the last few days the local government process has been tainted with ministerial intervention and it is my belief that Councillors have been coerced to give their support in a particular direction to maintain the status quo, undermining the democratic process”, Duncan further said.“I will not be contending for the Deputy Mayorship as this position requires someone more in tune with the incumbent Mayor’s thinking and work ethic,” Duncan added.The Councillors of the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown held their annual elections in the Council Chambers at City Hall yesterday. The election was held according to Section 9 (1) of the Municipal and District Councils Act 28:01 which states that the Mayor and Deputy Mayor shall be selected annually from amongst the persons entitled to vote at their elections.Resigned Deputy Mayor, Sherod DuncanFor voting by secret ballots seven Councillors supported the idea while 21 Councillors were against. Two Councillors abstained.Patricia Chase-Green was nominated by the Councillors for the next Mayor of the city of Georgetown. There were no challengers which resulted in Chase-Green becoming the Mayor elect for the year 2017.The Mayor elect was invited by the Town Clerk, Royston King to take the seat at the head of the Council and preside over the continuation of the election.As Mayor elect,China Jerseys, Chase-Green said, “Firstly let me thank God for the great things he has done”.The Councillors were then invited to state their nominees for the position of Deputy Mayor of the city of Georgetown. Councillor Malcom Ferreira first nominated Councillor Carolyn Caesar. Councillor Phillip Smith nominated Councillor Lionel Jaikarran who gained 24 votes.Jaikarran who became immediately emotional as tears welled up in his eyes said, that the moment reminded him of when his first child was born. “I am very grateful that all of you have put your trust in me. I will be the same person I was yesterday as I will be on March 31,Cheap NFL Jerseys, 2017.“I am not a politician and I am not a magician; things do not change overnight”, the Deputy Mayor elect said.The Mayor and Deputy take office on March 31.Chase-Green said, “I hope next year will be a year of more success,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, more development and I hope that the Council continues to work with the constituencies in a more closely brotherhood and sisterhood way in ensuring that Georgetown becomes a more better (sic) and modern city”.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:52 , Processed in 0.073309 second(s), 26 queries .