9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-25 03:52:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
(By Mondale Smith and Neil Marks)Fire believed to be of electrical origin razed through three business houses and also destroyed a cottage on Regent Street, Georgetown yesterday.The fire which started about 15:30 hours destroyed a clothing store,NFL Jerseys From China, Household Plus and Electronics and DM Beauty World.From all accounts, the fire started at Household Plus and quickly spread to the neighbouring stores, creating panic for residents and other businesses nearby.“I was hanging out clothes and then I started to smell some burning. Then I see fire coming out the roof of the store so I grabbed some important things and me and my daughters run out the house,Cheap Authentic Jerseys,” one barefooted, partly water soaked woman of 142 Regent Street said.A young man who operates his uncle, Dr Nicholas McLean’s veterinary business in another building,Cheap NFL Jerseys, said that he was working and realised that the building close by was on fire. “I run outside and hear the fire engine so I help them and two of the firemen run and left me with a hose. I start firing the hose at one building and managed to save we building from burning. But I couldn’t save the old man house. That burn flat.”That house was located at 142 Regent Street.Meanwhile, on both Charlotte and Regent Streets, those who could have dashed to empty their homes and business places did so. However,cheap nfl jerseys elite, the inferno was too much for others so they watched and prayed.Fire officials told this publication that officers employed the use of four fire tenders; one water carrier and a pump but despite their valiant efforts, the three businesses and the one cottage at lots 142-144 Regent Street were razed.The fire, from all accounts, started at the top flat of Household Plus and Electronics store owned by Shaheed Hamid. It spread quickly to a clothing boutique owned by his wife and then to DM Beauty World owned by Mukesh Devi. Devi is in Florida at this time.The totally flattened cottage at lot 142 was owned by Rudolph Montouth, a 68-year-old pensioner. The first fire tender arrived on the scene not long after someone placed a call. After exhausting their water supplies, the firemen resorted to the North and South Road canals to contain the blaze using water that measured more than 100 times the capacity of five fire tenders.Their efforts for the first half hour seemed in vain as the flames were fuelled by combustibles galore in the boutique. The smoke plumes and orange bellowing flames could be seen for miles in the afternoon skies. Thousands gathered at the scene covering every angle within the area between Charlotte, Regent Light and Albert Streets.Despite the chaos, the police managed to ensure that there was no looting. Some fire fighters climbed atop buildings while others faced the scorching heat head on to battle the flames. By nightfall, with help from public-spirited citizens and a few police ranks the blaze was under control.Emotions ran high among both residents of the area and employees of the destroyed business houses but co-operation was the order of the day. In the end, while the four buildings were destroyed, four other houses at 142 Regent Street and the walls of lot 145 Regent Street were scorched. These were saved.The owners at the scene were seen being comforted by persons, among them Government Ministers and Government officials who had raced to the scene when the news broke.It is estimated that more than $100m went up in flames yesterday and that at least two people were out of a home when the fire was brought under control.While fire service officials could not make an immediate pronouncement, officials say from all accounts it started on an electrical wire mere minutes after electricity went out. One staffer, in tears, said, “We get blackout and somebody went outside and turn on the generator. Then somebody say that the building on fire and then about ten of the staff started grabbing things to fetch out the building.”A woman who operates a business opposite the location said,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, “My staff called me and when we come out we see fire and so we called the fire service and started helping to remove appliances and clothes from over there. We saved a lot of things but this is a real unexpected disaster.”She said that it was mere weeks ago that the family lost another building to fire on Regent Street. The business owners were too emotional to speak and referred all queries to another time.An elderly woman who it was reported did not want to leave her home despite the blaze,Cheap Baseball Jerseys, was bodily removed from lot 142 and taken to a safe place.Her house was scorched and sustained major damage from water. Several residents complained that the fire could have been prevented. “This is not the first time that fire occurred on that building but this time they were not lucky,Wholesale Jerseys Chinese,” one resident said.Guyana began observing Fire Prevention Week on Saturday and on Thursday five new fire tenders were handed over to the fire service by the Home Affairs Ministry.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 22:07 , Processed in 0.074007 second(s), 26 queries .