9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-25 20:15:10 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Fire Chief says arsonist responsible By Rabindra RooplallA disputed property that was being used as a guest house at 42 Hadfield Street, Werk-en-Rust was destroyed during the wee hours of Friday morning.Car Care Enterprise which is located adjacent to the building was also damaged as the fire attacked the third floor of the building. There a huge stock of tires was destroyed while a fire tender with a hydraulic platform ladder was used to douse the flames.Firemen try to contain the fire that was out of controlTwo women were injured; one was identified as Tiffany Collins and another as 17-year old Shelly Hope. They were both taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital.Ms Hope sustained burns to her chest and hand, and is currently at the Burns Care unit of the Georgetown Public Hospital.The fire erupted at 1:45 am Friday at the centre of the two-flat wooden and concrete building, while the Fire Service responded promptly and tried to contain the fire from spreading to neighbouring buildings, one of which houses Car Care Enterprise. However,NFL Jerseys From China, the fire quickly razed the guest house and also caught onto the auto supplies building.Occupants of a house aback of Car Care Enterprise were evacuated along with other persons in the vicinity. They were only allowed to return to their home after the conflagration was under control.Fire Chief, Marlon Gentle said that from statements gathered it is clear that the fire was started as a result of an arsonist throwing a flammable object into the building.He said someone was seen running from the building after there was a loud explosion. The ensuing blazed eventually razed the building, which had some eight rooms inside.Residents in the area said they believed that a car pulled up and someone apparently hurled a combustible object into the building.According to the caretaker of the building who identified herself as “Sunita, known as Belle,cheap nfl jerseys elite,” after retiring to bed at 21:00hrs Thursday night, she was aroused by a loud noise and after getting up she noticed lots of smoke and that a bright glaring light was spreading quickly around the building.The distressed woman said that she lived in a part of the middle and upper flat,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and at the time of the fire she was in the middle.Adding that she would normally lock the grills that secured the entrance to the building, she said,Cheap Jerseys From China, “My children were awake, so I run to the back and when I run there it was too hot for me. Then I realise that the heat was coming from the top. I run down back the steps and my children managed to get the grill opened and that is how we came out but we couldn’t have saved anything because the entire place was already in thick smoke and I couldn’t see anything. It was dark.”Underscoring that the fire started from the upper flat, Sunita said there were many different rooms that were being rented and she could not recall if anyone was seriously injured since all the persons in the building managed to escape.She has been occupying the building for the last ten years. She said that years ago there was a fire and last April there was also another. “This is children property and because of the dispute of the property there were many attempts to burn it….This is the third time that the building was attacked.”One of the many tenants of the building,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, Patrick Ramasar,Cheap NFL Jerseys, who is a security guard at an electronic store on Regent Street said, “I lost a lot of things in there. All I got now is the clothes I got on; everything gone.”One of the injured women at the Georgetown Public Hospital on the night of the fire.One man who said the property is at the centre of a bitter legal dispute, and who identified himself as Llewellyn Johnson,Wholesale Jerseys Chinese, said that ever since his father passed away in 1989, there has been a dispute as to who should own the property among the brothers. The matter has been before the court for the past ten years.Johnson said that one of the brothers forged signatures and attempted to sell the property twice.“This time they succeed in burning down the building; they try twice before and didn’t get through.”According to representatives of Car Care enterprise, millions were lost because of the fire.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 06:24 , Processed in 0.070645 second(s), 26 queries .