帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-26 14:37:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
‘I don’t know!’ ‘I can’t answer that question!’ ‘Who told you that?’ ‘I don’t work for the media!’ and, ‘Surprise was a race horse,NFL Jerseys Paypal, but he died,’ were some of the answers that the media got yesterday from Minister of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee, when his office called a press conference.This prompted many reporters, and even the President of the Guyana Press Association, Dennis Chabrol, to question Minister Rohee about the reason why he called a press conference in the first place.Yesterday, the media were invited to a press conference by the minister, who at the beginning said that he will first read a statement prepared,NFL Jerseys China, and at the end entertain questions.Rohee was critical of what he referred to as ‘speculation’ in the media about the Lindo Creek killings. He also spoke about the expected forensic pathology team,Cheap Soccer Jerseys China, Jermaine ‘Skinny’ Charles’s escape from the Sparendaam Police lockups, warning to show promoters during Carifesta X, and the Guyana Police Force’s 169th anniversary.But things went sour between the media and the minister when Minister Rohee dismissed frivolously all the questions asked,CHeap Jerseys USA, and sometimes resorted to rhetoric.When asked about any possibility that ranks from the Joint Services were questioned in relation to the Lindo Creek incident that saw eight people killed, the minister said, “Question them? Well, if you are entering into the realm of questioning the Joint Services, then you are trying to establish that they were involved.”He was afterwards asked whether those ranks should not be questioned as part of the investigation, but he again dismissed the question.After much persistence,Eduardo Vargas Chile Jersey, he said that before the ranks are questioned the circumstances surrounding the deaths of the eight men have to be established first.The minister added that, at present, the authorities are at the stage of awaiting a response from the United States authorities.“As I said, we are keeping our options open. If there is a negative response to our request,Gale Sayers Jersey, then we have other alternatives available to us.”He was then asked how long he was willing to wait for a response from the United States, and he answered: “I can only wait for as long as I can wait till I get an answer from them.”He also said: “I don’t think that we can put a time frame on time. I would not be part of any situation of putting a time frame on how long we are prepared to wait, because if you give up the waiting, the next thing we will hear is speculation that we had something to hide and that we have aborted the wait.”But, as if that was not enough, the minister continued: “I have a right to determine which questions I answer and which I don’t. If you are not satisfied with the answer that I give you, well, you can decide what to do. But I am not working with the media. You working with the public and I am working with the Government.”It was then that a reporter reminded Mr. Rohee that he works for a Government that is suppose to serve the very public for which he said he does not work.It was a pull-and-tug between the minister and the media, until some members began packing up to leave.The Home Affairs Minister said: ‘Thank you very much for attending this briefing.’He then sent out refreshments for the media, but by then everyone was out the door.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:09 , Processed in 0.048689 second(s), 26 queries .