9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-2-26 22:35:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The complaints of small miners that they are taken advantage of by some of the big mining companies have been many and have been on-going for quite some time.President says he will address concerns of the small miners with regards to landlordism after he wins and goes back into office.However, it isn’t every day that Government responds to these complaints. Saturday was the day for Government to pay keen attention in this regard.Perhaps it was merely a campaign tactic to win votes, since little or nothing has been done to address the concerns of the small miners, or maybe the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) was on a mission to show off its caring side.At a campaign rally in Bartica,Cheap Baseball Jerseys, Region Seven, President Donald Ramotar spoke of the need to strengthen the various sectors including the mining sector. It was at this point, he said, that “we will ensure…that small miners have an opportunity to get their lands to do mining and more than that we will review some of the large holdings that many of the ‘big people’ had and (are) not using them.”The plans to review, he noted, is aimed at ensuring that ordinary people have the opportunity to earn a good living from the mining sector as well. “We have been standing by you all the time,Cheap Jerseys From China,” said the President who, although has been in power since December 2011, has not effectively addressed the small miners woes.He, however, claims to be ready to address these if his party is elected to power on May 11,NFL Jerseys From China, 2015.This publication last November reported extensively on the plight of small miners.According to small miner Judith David-Blair, the lovely speeches of expansion and development by Government officials, do not necessarily reflect the true reality of what is occurring in the sector.“Guyanese must know the truth, because as a small miner, for me, the Government and the Ministry of Natural Resources are only focusing on big companies. For us as small miners it is a terrible situation,” said David-Blair as she spoke of a situation in Issano (a section of Region Seven) where people who were living there for decades and making their living, have been uprooted with the arrival of a foreign company.“Everybody had to move off; shops had to be shut. People’s livelihoods are being taken away. When we visit the backdam (mining area),cheap nfl jerseys elite, small miners can’t get a piece of land…I am mining for over a decade and I can’t have a piece of land to say this is my land; that I am working. If I have to work, is on somebody else’s piece of land; nothing for myself.”But according to David-Blair,Wholesale Jerseys Chinese, working the land is not even the greatest challenge confronting small miners, but rather, it is the quality of land that they are permitted to work.“Where is the gold in the land? What kind of land are we being given to work with the prices we have to pay?”She said that one businessman was demanding as much as $3 million up front just to allow people to work on a piece of land. And often the case is, that a mere six ounces of gold is what is uncovered on a monthly basis.“My big question I’ve been asking all the time was, ‘Are these people paying taxes for all the money that they are collecting from small miners?”David-Blair is convinced that “we are being raped and ripped off by these landlords; we need land to work where we can survive…we have excavators to pay for…we want to be customers to Macorp, but then if we are not getting lands to work, if we are not getting the gold in the land, how could we buy or pay for an excavator?” the businesswoman asked.David-Blair is adamant that locals should be given priority over foreigners. Her comments were validated by a number of other business people in Bartica,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, some of whom compared the locale to five years ago when the said economy was thriving.“We at Bartica are suffering right now, the economy is not booming. We have a dark cloud hanging over us in Bartica,Cheap NFL Jerseys,” said David-Blair
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 07:23 , Processed in 0.081269 second(s), 26 queries .