10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-2 08:04:47 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– Murder trial star witness not in prison serving five-year sentenceThe Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Shalimar Ali-Hack has dismissed reports that she struck a deal with convicted fraudster Simone De Nobrega in exchange for her testimony in the Neesa Gopaul murder trial.De Nobrega surrendered to police about a month ago after being on the run for more than a year to avoid serving a five-year sentence for fraud-related charges. She subsequently testified as the star witness in the high profile murder trial,Kyle Lowry Villanova Jersey, which saw the two accused being sentenced to 202 years in total.It was De Nobrega’s testimony about a confession made by one of the accused, Bibi Gopaul, while they were both in the East La Penitence lock-ups, that swayed the case decisively in the prosecution’s favour.There is widespread speculation that De Nobrega turned herself in after striking a deal to testify in the murder trial in exchange for her freedom.The speculation comes in the light of confirmation that instead of being taken to the New Amsterdam prison to serve her sentence,Brett Hundley UCLA Jersey, De Nobrega is presently being housed at the Beterverwagting Police Station lock-ups.When asked about the arrangement, the DPP declared “I don’t know about any deal! I do not deal with prisoners,Junior Seau College Jersey, I only deal with prosecutions.”Director of Prisons Welton Trotz told Kaieteur News yesterday that although De Nobrega was sentenced to a term of imprisonment, she was never handed over to him.“She has not been handed over to me…no warrant was served on me,” Trotz stated.When contacted on Monday, Divisional Commander of the Police’s East Coast Demerara division Christopher Griffith told this newspaper that his division was merely housing De Nobrega at their Beterverwagting facility at the behest of the authorities at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Headquarters at Eve Leary. He did promise to look into the matter.A source at the CID Headquarters told this newspaper that it is possible that the delay in handing over De Nobrega to the prison authorities for her to commence her sentence has to do with threats she claimed she had been receiving.According to the source, De Nobrega did tell the High Court that she felt threatened by one of the convicted persons in the Neesa Gopaul trial. He suggested that maybe that is why the police are reluctant to hand her over to the prison authorities,UCLA Bruins Jerseys, where she will be placed in the same location with one of the convicted murderers.The New Amsterdam Prison is the only female prison facility in Guyana.“Maybe the police believe that the lock-up is a safer place for her,Marcus Allen USC Jersey,” the source said.But a top police official disagreed with that suggestion,Wake Forest Demon Deacons Jerseys, pointing out that that should have been a responsibility for prison authorities.“It should be the prison authorities’ responsibility to protect prisoners in their care,Troy Polamalu College Jersey, not the police. They have a responsibility to check her food and anything that is going in to her. And besides the prison is a safe place. Who says that the lock-up is safer than the prison? For all you know, the lock-ups can be compromised more than the prison, because there is lesser intensity in terms of supervision of prisoners,Joe McKnight USC Jersey,” the official stated.Sources at the Beterverwagting Police Station have indicated that De Nobrega appears to be quite comfortable spending her time there,cheap jerseys, since she is mostly alone, though not isolated.Exactly why the police are keeping her from prison is the big question.SERVER WEDNESDAY: Simone De NobregaCaption: Simone De Nobrega
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 05:11 , Processed in 0.057159 second(s), 26 queries .