9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-2 08:53:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Managing Director of BK International Inc., Brian Tiwarie,Jerome Bettis Steelers Jersey, has apologised to Minister of Public Works and Transportation, Robeson Benn, for comments made a month ago following the problems at the new Supenaam stelling.Tiwari, in a letter addressed to Benn on Thursday, said that he regretted the “discomfort” that the remarks would have caused and that it was never any intention to cast any aspersions on the Minister’s character.The apology, released to Kaieteur News yesterday, was copied to President Bharrat Jagdeo, Prime Minister Sam Hinds,Steve Yzerman Red Wings Jersey, Head of the Presidential Secretariat, Dr. Roger Luncheon, and Attorney General,Cleveland Indians Bob Feller Jersey, Charles Ramson.In May, days after the stelling’s ramp collapsed under the weight of trucks that were being loaded on a ferry, the contractor during a media tour to the Essequibo facility, described the damage as “willful” acts by the Ministry’s officials and called on President Jagdeo to investigate the matter and hold the Ministry accountable.A clearly upset Tiwarie had stated that Minister Benn said publicly that he would not be spending a “cent” more to repair the stelling. However, a few months later, millions of dollars more were spent to make modifications.Additionally, Tiwarie noted that the damages to the stelling during the modification works were extensive.According to Tiwarie, Minister Benn,Nicklas Lidstrom Red Wings Jersey, in a meeting to discuss the problems at the stelling in May, attempted to “change his mouth” when it was pointed out that tests were done to ensure the integrity of the bridge.“I think that whoever did this…was only to criticise us…We don’t see the need. All we see in this is the need to kill a couple of people,” Tiwarie is quoted as saying to media houses.“It has come to my attention that you are quite unhappy with some remarks I made recently during my visit to Supenaam and I therefore write to let you know that none of these remarks was directed to you as Minister and no offence at all was meant,” Tiwarie said in the apology.Rather, the contractor pointed out that the remarks were made in the vernacular and ought not to be taken literally.“Bet that as it may, I regret the discomfort that the remarks caused you and I wish to reassure you once again that there was never any intention to cast any aspersion on your personal integrity,Jamie Garcia Cardinals Jersey, character and professionalism.”Tiwarie said that he hoped that Minister Benn accepted ‘these words of regret” which would put an end to any discomfort caused.BK International had constructed the stelling for the Ministry of Local Government to the tune of $431M. However, it was never commissioned as there were problems with the facilities and the loading structures that will allow trucks to board the ferries.The Ministry of Public Works took over the facility in January and carried out some remedial works which included an additional pontoon and a drawbridge.However, early in May, four days after being opened to traffic,Troy Polamalu College Jersey, the drawbridge buckled under the weight of vehicles boarding ferries.BK International took the media to the facility and in distancing itself from the problems,Cal Ripken Orioles Jersey, said that the Ministry made modifications to the facilities without consulting the design consultants and contractors.President Jagdeo then ordered an investigation to determine what caused the problems with the intentions to have the defects fixed and the facilities operational within the shortest time.Prime Minister Hinds,Blake Swihart Red Sox Jersey, who is overseeing the investigation, is working along with two private engineers and already a report has been prepared and submitted to the parties which had worked on the construction of the stelling.These include the design consultant, the contractor,Corey Crawford Jersey, the Ministry of Local Government and the Ministry of Public Works.Findings of the report are expected to be available within six weeks, Hinds said a few days ago.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 17:34 , Processed in 0.060001 second(s), 26 queries .