10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-3 08:30:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– claims two more top performing spotsIt was Queen’s College reigning supreme yesterday when Minister of Education, Mr. Shaik Baksh,Kemba Walker Uconn Jersey, announced the names of the top performers for the 2011 CSEC at a special media briefing at the Ministry of Education’s boardroom.In fact it was 15-year-old Anuradha Dev of Ocean View,Junior Seau USC Jersey, Uitvlugt, West Coast Demerara, who was declared the best overall regional performer at this year’s CSEC Examination,Cheap Wake Forest Demon Deacons Jerseys, the Minister told media operatives.From left: Best Overall CSEC Performer Anuradha Dev and Best Performer in Business Mariesa JagnananDev’s performance represents a remarkable academic achievement, a feat Guyana was able to repeat since 2006 with the exception of last year. She was also adjudged the best performing student in Science. Every year since 2006 Guyana has copped the Best Performance in Science Award.“I am very proud to achieve all of this. I could not have done it without the Blessings of Mother Saraswati (the goddess of knowledge and wisdom), my parents, all of my teachers and the students of Queen’s College.  It would be a great honour for me to represent this great nation at the (CXC) awards ceremony later this year,” said the outspoken Dev.Not only is she academically fit to help bolster Guyana’s drive to ensure sustained national development but Dev has her eyes set on addressing the societal scourge of suicide.  Her passion to help address this social issue was awoken following her completion of her Social Studies School Based Assessment (SBA).She was tasked with investigating a social issue and she chose suicide.  “I found the figures shocking; I didn’t expect that suicide was such a huge problem…I noticed it was really young people primarily between 15 and 24 who committed suicide and I realized hey! These are people who are my age and my friends’ age.”The startling discovery motivated her to examine the situation a bit closer. She even recognized that the experts in the field are relatively limited, prompting her to aspire to become a Psychiatrist.  “I have come to the realization that we don’t have too many psychiatrists in the country and we need people that are qualified to deal with issues like this (suicide).”Dev has also made the decision to remain in Guyana. “I would like to urge everybody to stay in Guyana because this is our country; this is the only place where we truly belong. This is our homeland so at least we need to have some national pride and try and develop Guyana because if we don’t try to make a change nobody else will…”The Queen’s College student, who is currently pursing certification in the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) with a focus on Natural Science, is certainly poised to address the social challenge.Additionally, it was 17-year-old Mariesa Jagnanan of Atlantic Gardens, East Coast Demerara,Brian Cushing USC Jersey, who was this year adjudged the best performer in Business.According to the former Queen’s College student, who is currently pursuing a degree in Economics at the University of Guyana,Troy Polamalu College Jersey, “I was lucky to have very determined teachers and parents who supported me.”   She has plans to become either an Economist or an Accountant.Guyana was able to previously cop awards for the best performance in Business in 2007 and 2008.And perhaps history was made when a Guyanese student was for the first time named the best performer in the Short Story segment of the 2011 CSEC. The candidate for this award is Queen’s College’s Nathan Indarsingh.Two of the top performers,Brett Hundley UCLA Jersey, with the exception of Indarsingh,Joe McKnight College Jersey, were on hand yesterday to receive awards from the Ministry. Dev was presented with a netbook computer, while Jagnanan received a monetary prize.Head Teacher of Queen’s College, Ms. Nadia Hollingsworth, received a monetary prize on Indarsingh’s behalf.“I am very proud and very happy,Marcus Allen College Jersey, as are all of the managers of the Ministry, at this very outstanding performance at CSEC.  Today is a very good day for Guyana in terms of our students’ performances at CSEC. Only on Wednesday (last) we were celebrating the achievements at various levels of the education system; the high level of performance of our students which we do every year,” said Minister Baksh.During the recent celebration the Minister said that he had very great expectations and was optimistic that Guyana would have once again performed creditably and outstanding at the CSEC.  And the Minister is yet optimistic that Guyana will be able to secure the Caribbean Research Institute Award for the most outstanding student in Agricultural Science which has not yet been awarded.For three years – 2008,Wake Forest Demon Deacons Jerseys, 2009 and 2010 – Guyana was topped in this area.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 06:00 , Processed in 0.071155 second(s), 28 queries .