10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-3 22:03:57 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Romila BoodramBritney Daniels was one of those little girls who dreamt of their prince charming coming to rescue them on his white horse-or more appropriately,Kemba Walker College Jersey, in a Prado.Britney and KevinBut for her, prince charming did not appear on a horse or in a car-he fell through the roof of a Chinese restaurant.Britney is a beautiful 21-year-old girl who is admired by many, but like most typical Indian girls, she was not allowed to explore the world beyond the grocery store next door to her grandmother’s Canal, West Bank Demerara home.Britney and I have been friends since nursery school. She is the only child for her now deceased parents and very much spoilt. She was very troublesome and still is. She once ‘cuffed’ one of our classmates in nursery school, splitting his lip.When she was confronted by the teacher for her action, her excuse was that she suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. She was pardoned.In 2002, when she was 10-years-old, her life took a turn for the worse. Her parents, who had gone to Suriname to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary died in a car accident.Britney was forced to move from her four bedroom home at Supply, East Bank Demerara, to her grandmother’s one bedroom apartment at Canal.“Life there wasn’t easy at all. I had no friends. My grandmother had to work to support me and my 16-year-old cousin. She (my cousin) never used to talk to me because I was spoilt and I didn’t know how to do chores… so my grandma made her do everything,” Britney related.She recounted that there was a mortgage on her parents’ home at Supply and it was repossessed a few months after they passed away.“As a child I never liked living in Canal and at one time I used to hate my grandma. I hated her so much that whenever she was asleep I used to open the gate and chase away the ducks and chickens that she reared. One time I even poured bleach into her milk and my cousin would always be blamed for my actions.”When Britney was 19,Joe McKnight College Jersey, she went to Corentyne Berbice to spend some time with her father’s sister, Indranie. It was there she met her prince charming in the strangest of circumstances.“This is funny. Although I was so old I had never gone into a Chinese restaurant before and my two cousins used that against me to play a prank and sent me to buy fried fish and rice. So there I was at the counter of a Chinese restaurant, ordering two servings of fried fish and rice.”“The owner of the restaurant looked at me and asked me to have a seat while he fried the fish,Ronnie Lott USC Jersey, (he thought I was making a fool out of him so he probably decided to make a bigger fool out of me). The restaurant was extremely old and as I was about to take a seat, an old guy jokingly advised me that I would be safer outside the restaurant than within. The owner chased him out, telling him he was drunk.”Britney related that she called out for the owner to ask how long she had to wait.“He was about to reply and then suddenly I heard someone giggling and then  I heard a loud bang,Robert Woods College Jersey, and a part of the old roof came tumbling down along with a man,” Britney smilingly recalls.Six men rushed into the restaurant to rescue the man squirming on the floor.“The roof wasn’t that high,Joe McKnight USC Jersey, and when he came tumbling down, he grabbed onto a bar on the window and then fell on the wooden flooring so he didn’t suffer from any severe injury,” she explained.“When I saw those men running in, I hid under a table and peeked. I found out later that the one who fell was a detective. His name is Kevin and he is now my boyfriend”“Apparently, the officers were staking out a business place two houses away from the restaurant. The owner of the restaurant had warned Kevin about the roof but I guess when he heard someone ordering fried fish from a Chinese restaurant,Wholesale Jerseys, he had to peek,” Britney giggled.Kevin cheerfully related to Kaieteur News the turn of events leading up to his now ‘infamous fall.’ “I was on the roof in the hot sun just praying for the day to be over and then I heard someone ordering fried fish and rice. That was just funny. I had to see who it was and as soon as I tried to stretch my body to peek through a hole, I heard a sound and then ‘bang,’ there I was on the floor.”“I wanted to play brave and when my ‘squaddie’ run in, I was trying to signal them that there was a girl under the table but they were like, ‘is suh when yuh like play hero. You want play Jackie Chan. Ah tell you to leh me go there, yuh chicken.”“I was so embarrassed… and the worst part was when I tried to get on my feet, I fell down and one of the boys grabbed me and I was literally in his hands, like a baby in its mother’s hand.” Kevin said after a hearty laugh.On Christmas morning, four days after the incident,Troy Polamalu USC Jersey, Britney was helping her aunt in the kitchen when she met Kevin again.“We were making chicken pie and someone was shouting at the front of the house for one of my cousins. so my aunt asked me to check who it was.”Britney posited that as soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by Kevin, who she still playfully calls “the roof man” whenever he gives her a hard time.“There he was standing next to the flower pot with two boxes in his hand, telling me, “the Chinese man just done cook the fried fish and rice” I was laughing and blushing at the same time. Apparently, Kevin and my older cousin were friends and when I told her about the incident, she suspected it was him and had called to confirm.”Kevin spent that Christmas with Britney and her family.“It was a lovely day. We talked, we made jokes and they teased me a lot but I didn’t mind at all. That day was a blessing for me. From that day, to now, I haven’t spent a day without talking to her,” Kevin said.Today, at 11:00hrs Kevin will ask Britney for her hand in marriage.Good luck guys….
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:18 , Processed in 0.072607 second(s), 28 queries .