10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-5 07:54:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
-”Don’t get tested for HIV only…”“Sometimes when I recall the events of this day, I would cry. Today I realize how important it is to remain faithful to one partner and how important it is to get tested. Being a peer counselor, I often ask myself, how could you know so much and still be so foolish?”In a most intimate interview, Maggie (not her real name) reveals how a “one time fling” changed her life completely.In sharing her story, she hopes that many can be more conscious about the importance of having safe sex practices.“It was a regular party night. My husband and I who are married for two years,Boston Red Sox Brock Holt Jersey, have been living together since I was 18 years old. His quarrels about my skimpy dresses when I was ready to head to the club became a norm.“That particular night, I remember wearing a very short backless dress that showed much cleavage. Of course, the hubby argued but I ignored him. I called up my friends and I headed out. So I’m there having a grand time.“I’m throwing back the tequila shots like its kool-aid meanwhile I’m feeling all hot and bothered because we all know what alcohol does to you.“All I remember after the shots was this sexy looking guy. He was tall, dark and handsome and my fantasies about him kept turning me on even more.He noticed me and I blushed a lot as I struggled to pretend like he didn’t even exist. Then finally, he finally came over to me. We made our introductions and instantly there was a connection…like a high sexual connection. We got two drinks spoke for a few and decided that his car was the next destination.“So we are in the car and we’re talking then all of a sudden he kissed me, caressed my breast and in minutes I was butt naked in his car. Finally, we had oral sex, which at the time wasn’t my thing but when alcohol is in your system,Chicago Cubs Kerry Wood Jersey, there is no telling what can happen.“He went down on me again and I returned the favour. We spoke for a few minutes and my husband rang my phone and I answered. I told him I’m on my way home. When I got home I just couldn’t stand his grumblings so I surprised him with oral sex to quiet him down.”About a month later, my husband left for Canada. And whilst eating I noticed there was a boil in my mouth. It didn’t hurt so I thought there was nothing to worry about. Then two weeks after I noticed that more boils appeared and my hands started to get boils as well.I even noticed a few smaller boils around the edges of my lips. I got scared and I decided to go check it out. I instantly became depressed and scared when I found out it was syphilis. I didn’t know how I was going to confess this to my husband. I didn’t want to see friends because the bumps became noticeable.Eventually I got some medication and I thought it was gone. But then my husband returned a week later and we had sex. Later, he started to complain about these bumps on his penis. They looked really red and I got worried and told him to check it out. After a few checkups,Boston Red Sox Johnny Pesky Jersey, he was told that he had contracted an STD (Sexually transmitted disease) – syphilis.He then told me that he believed that he got it from a girl he had a one-time fling with in Canada and expressed how deeply sorry he was . I became even more depressed because I knew within my heart that I had given him the STD.”She continued, “Later that week, he left for the interior to help his uncle with his gold business. About two months after, I noticed that the STD had returned, this time it was with more sores. I became depressed and figured that I deserve to just die. I betrayed his trust and I felt like a horrible woman and wife.“I feared the way people would look at me if I went for treatment and waiting in the line for help. I couldn’t deal with that. So, I stayed in the house and hoped that the infection would be a quick end to my horrible life.”Today, Maggie has several lumps growing from her neck. Her hands are badly covered in lesions, face almost covered in boils and red spots. She even fears that she may also be experiencing the onset of blindness and there is even a hole in the left side of her cheek that is increasing as the STD advances.As her graphic story unfolds,Detroit Tigers Francisco Rodriguez Jersey, this courageous woman hopes that many couples pay attention and learn from her story.“It’s no surprise that my husband who is cured still battles with trying to forgive me for my actions. Eventually I had no choice but to tell him. The proof is so evident now. But I am still grateful. He still tries to support me and has encouraged me to stay strong and not to give up. Hence I wish to make a difference, and let my story serve as an example,” expressed the emotional woman.With her story, she told this publication that she has been able to save three young ladies from living the life she does. She said that the three girls were her close friends from the neighbour hood and they visited once and she told them of her story. She urged the young teens to get their partners tested.When this newspaper contacted the women, they explained that their boyfriends were very reluctant to get tested. One explained that her partner slapped her for even asking him to get tested. Eventually, the women discovered that their lovers had syphilis and gonorrhea. They expressed that they will forever remain grateful to her as they are today,Washington Nationals Matt Belisle Jersey, even more protective of their health.Director of Eureka Medical Laboratory, one of Guyana’s leading Laboratories,Chicago Cubs Jason Heyward Jersey, William Andrew Boyle, who is also an accomplished microbiologist, said,Chicago Cubs Ryne Sandberg Jersey, “It is very important to get tested. The issue with many Guyanese and Caribbean people, especially men, is that we wait until we are sick before we go for a checkup. It is important to get tested early so that you can be able to treat these deficiencies if any are found.”Boyle stated that whilst Eureka Labs expertly tests for several STDS, some of these include, syphilis, gonorrhea,Los Angeles Dodgers Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey, Bacterial Vaginosis (this is a huge and very common problem in Guyana),San Francisco Giants Johnny Cueto Jersey, Chlamydia, and HIV; treatment and counseling are also provided for patients that are affected by STDs.He even expressed that he would be happy to have his establishment work with the woman that shares her story. Boyle explained that her case may not be as severe as it sounds but “she wouldn’t have to worry about coming to the laboratory for treatment and counseling.Eureka provides a service for those who wish to be very private. In this case, a doctor would be sent to their homes to look after them and get required the testing done. The necessary medical personnel will be sent either using the clients’ transportation or that provided by the organization.This “house call” system has been working quite efficiently for Eureka for over 18 years.With this in mind one can only hope that many are moved to get tested today or as early as possible and use this story to remind you of the importance of safe sexual practices.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 09:22 , Processed in 0.063068 second(s), 28 queries .