10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-6 03:47:41 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Kiana Wilburg   Once the ideas and proposals of the People’s Progressive Party / Civic (PPP) are “viable and within government’s agenda,” Finance Minister Winston Jordan said that the opposition may very well see some of its input being reflected in thePPP Shadow Finance Minister, Irfaan Ali2016 budget.Jordan insisted that the government is willing to work along with the Opposition on the 2016 budget.He said that while he has not met with the PPP as yet, he is optimistic that talks this time around would be “fruitful and less adversarial.”The Finance Minister recalled the challenges he encountered during his first interaction with the Opposition’s representatives over the 2015 budget.He said that during that time,Kareem Abdul-Jabbar College Jersey, he found himself in a situation where he had to set the record straight on a number of allegations, particularly from PPP General Secretary, Clement Rohee.Some of these accusations had to do with the PetroCaribe Fund being empty and witch-hunting by the Granger administration. The Finance Minister said that he had addressed Rohee on each contention leveled against the government.The Finance Minister said that when the delegation turned up at the Finance Ministry, he gave the floor to Rohee “who started right away with accusations of how we are witch-hunting, how we are destroying the economy and how they left a good economy.”Jordan added,Troy Aikman UCLA Jersey, “All along I waited to hear what ideas they were bringing to the table. My letter to them clearly said an exchange of ideas on the 2015 budget. But I did not hear anything about that.”The Finance Minister said that he had explained to Rohee,JuJu Smith-Schuster College Jersey, the framework of the budget as well as what was inherited from the previous administration.Jordan said,Matt Barkley USC Jersey, “I told him what was inherited from last year in relation to rice and sugar and how the mining sector was shaping up. It is going to be a three-month budget and there is nothing much that can be done now.”Finance Minister,Russell Westbrook College Jersey, Winston JordanHe added, “They could have even given ideas that could be used for the 2016 budget but I got nothing. Eventually he (Rohee) said he has to go back and consult with his party and then they will give us a response. Couple hours later, they sent what appeared to be extracts of our 100-day plan.”The Finance Minister emphasized that the entire point of the consultations on the budget was for him to learn from the opposition what they would like to see within the budget and issues they may have with the framework.But regardless of the troubles in the beginning,Chris Paul College Jersey, Jordan said that he remains willing to engage the opposition at any time on matters in relation to the economy.Jordan said, “My door is always open. The outcome of discussions on the 2015 budget was indeed disappointing. But I have high hopes that it would be better because the opposition is now constituted in a parliamentary sense.“I believe this time there is a Shadow Minister of Finance and I don’t know since Irfaan Ali is the head of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) if that is an indication that he is going to shadow that area.”“But he had been at the Ministry of Finance for a long time and I trust he would come with good and new ideas when it comes to the financial matters…but people must remember that this is a national budget and so all ideas will contend.“If it is good for everybody and it is viable then it will be placed into the budget. I mean you can bring a very good idea that is not part of our agenda but we would keep it for when it can become part of our agenda.”Ali who has responsibility for the finance sector is,Mark Sanchez USC Jersey, however, not so optimistic that a “cordial” discussion looms with the Finance Minister.Irfaan Ali then alluded to Government’s track record in showing no respect for the opposition’s recommendations in general.The former Housing Minister said, “We have made our views public and would have outlined many interventions. But they have been shown total disregard by the government.“Take for example the rice issue. We presented nine recommendations to help the farmers in boosting the industry and safeguarding their livelihood. To date, we have heard nothing in relation to these recommendations from the Government.”He said that this may be a very good indication of how seriously government would take its proposals for the 2016 budget.Ali asserted that the PPP has called and will continue to call on Government to deliver to the rice farmers, nurses and teachers and other public servants,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, what was promised to them in the 100 day-plan.As for the 2016 budget,Tim Duncan Wake Forest Jersey, the PPP executive member said that his party will lobby for the reinstatement of the “Because we care grant” and the water and light subsidy for old age pensioners.  Ali insists that these are matters which must be addressed.“We will call upon the government to implement all the projects we negotiated with the Indian Government in the US$50 million line of credit inclusive of the IT Centre of Excellence negotiated by the (former) PPP/C Government.“The Government must realize by now that they also blundered badly on the Amaila Falls Hydro project and we are convinced that they will have to implement this project if we want to expand our economy.”The Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee said that the PPP will also insist that Government aggressively bring back on stream, the Low Carbon Development Strategy and implement the projects and programmes conceptualized under this program.Ali said that he will lobby the government to ensure that the Amerindian livelihood program be reinstated immediately as well as the reinstatement of the almost 2000 Amerindian youths fired by the coalition Government.He added, “The Hinterland airstrips that were cut out of the budget by this government must be completed and implemented immediately.”The former minister said that “confidence cannot be restored with the continuous ethnic purge that is taking place in Public Service. The Loss of professional services and wanton firing of young people and experienced public officials based on political affiliation and ethnicity must be addressed as well.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 10:31 , Processed in 0.068415 second(s), 28 queries .