9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-6 11:21:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– believed to have raked in over $10MBy Leonard GildarieSeveral Indian nationals, posing as ‘pandits’ with mystical powers capable of solving domestic problems and healing sicknesses, have disappeared into thin air and it is believed that they have fled to neighboring Suriname.It is now estimated that the men, now said to be numbering more than 10, came into the country via three-month visas almost two months ago,Russell Westbrook UCLA Jersey, and raked in over $10M from unsuspecting Guyanese who came to them for help.Police have reportedly alerted its ports and border points to be on the lookout for the men who hurriedly left Saturday night and there has been no sign of them since.On Friday, Kaieteur News reporters went undercover to the David Street,Giants #27 Juan Marichal Grey Cool Base Stitched MLB Jersey, Kitty operations of one of the alleged scam artists. This was following several complaints last week by Guyanese who claimed that they paid thousands of dollars for the ‘pandits’ to heal sickness, fix domestic problems and host of other issues.A male reporter and a female co-worker,Lonzo Ball College Jersey, posing as his wife, were told that someone had worked black magic on them and this was the reason the “wife” was not getting pregnant.He demanded US$225 to fix the problem.It is believed that at least five of the Indians arrived here about seven weeks ago and immediately split up,Matt Barkley USC Jersey, with one heading to Ruimzeight,Troy Polamalu College Jersey, West Coast Demerara, another to Vreed-en-Hoop, another to Bagotstown, East Bank Demerara, one to Georgetown and another to Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara. It is also believed that there are quite a few more, with some of them stationed in Berbice and on the Essequibo Coast.Kaieteur News had refused to carry any advertisements from the men after suspicions arose that it was all a scam.The elaborate scheme began to unravel last week when this newspaper received several complaints of persons paying thousands of dollars to the ‘pandits’ but were not receiving what they were promised.In one case,Kemba Walker College Jersey, a woman said she paid $96,000 to remove a sore from her foot. Three weeks later it was still there.A Mahaica contractor said that he paid US$225 to heal his sick daughter.“Three weeks pass and she still feel sick. I went back to him (the astrologer) and he seh that we gun have to do a bigger puja. I know then that something fishy.”Yet another alleged victim earlier this week claimed that he visited the Bagotstown ‘pandit’ after his wife left him and went overseas.“I tell he I want her back. He tell me to pay $35,000 and he will do a puja and she will come back in three days. I tell he to do the puja, get her back and I will pay him $100,000.”From all indications, the Indian nationals decided to flee on Saturday after Kaieteur News went back to the David Street operations and took a number of pictures, including a few of the ‘pandit’ there.That same evening, a businessman who had rented a property at Ruimzeight, located right next door to a prominent Ashram, received a call from the ‘pandit’ there who said he had to leave immediately for India as a relative was dreadfully sick.Another ‘pandit’ who rented an upper flat above a Chinese restaurant at Vreed-en-Hoop, also left hurriedly Saturday, the same day he moved in.To date, there are no signs of the one at Bagotstown and the other at Mon Repos.From all indications,Cheap UCLA Bruins Jerseys, the men came prepared for a hurried exit as their operations were small.At David Street, a small self-contained apartment told the tale too clearly of the men’s sparse belongings and their intentions.A notice on the fence which listed the ‘pandit’ services, including palm reading,Troy Polamalu USC Jersey, solving domestic problems and healing the sick, had been torn down. A garland that once hanged over the doorway had also been removed.Speaking with this newspaper earlier this week, Home Affairs Minister, Clement Rohee,Cheap NFL Jerseys, said that the police have been actively pursuing the fraudsters who he confirmed were not granted work permits.“We have an exercise to round them up because they are in breach of our laws. We have been tracking them down based on the addresses they advertise,” the minister told Kaieteur News.According to Rohee, there is a widespread view that the activities of these persons are merely economical.“It’s a sham. If these people could tell the future then they do not need to work. They could get enrichment by seeing what is in store for themselves. Let them read their own palms and predict what they need to do to enrich themselves,” the Home Affairs Minister stated.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 10:14 , Processed in 0.073702 second(s), 28 queries .