9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-6 12:23:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
-Lack of seating,Christian Folin Jersey, stifling heat and clothing stipulationsMany attending court proceedings at the Magistrates’ court in Georgetown have expressed their disappointment in the procedures and orientation of the magisterial facility. It has been the concerns of the attendants that the temporary location did not take into consideration the comfort and well being of citizens.The crowd, as they wait outside the doors of the relevant courts, would lament their discomfort referring to the heated hallways and lack of seating. When this paper visited the law institution, the hallways were packed with waiting persons. Many braced their bodies against the walls, some complaining that they had been standing for hours.According to one woman this, she said,Doug Gilmour Jersey, is unacceptable. “We have been here since nine o’clock and yet still we can’t get into the courtroom. It is now quarter past eleven.” She went further to refer to an elderly woman saying that this woman should not have to be on her feet for so long.Two new wings attached to the old Magistrates’ Court still under renovationsSome persons quarreled about the choking hot air that circulated in the room. One man even referred to it saying that the air was hot enough to make a respiratory impaired person faint.  They also claimed that it was the policy of the court that the windows not be opened, as of such persons are forced to stand in the stifling halls. People are often hollered upon by authorities when they open the windows and stick their heads out.The disgruntled citizens said the courts are very congested. In the courtrooms there are no more than three benches. In some cases individuals are seated right next to the prisoners. One woman asked, “Is that the best solution the Government could find to house the law providing establishment?”At the court located on Middle Street,Bobby Orr Jersey, it was noticed that the narrow hallways usually were congested, especially during the morning hours.  There is no air conditioning on the first floor while one stand up fan is located on the top flat of the building that seats people on four benches.This, they say, are obviously not enough since people were still scattered about the room. Within the courtroom, people are squeezed together because there are not enough seats inside.Then there is the issue of the dress code issue. Visitors to the court say that the judiciary should reconsider the dress code since many people who never came to the  court were turned away because their dress code was too tight or highly coloured.One woman said she had been turned away because she was wearing jeans. Another voiced her anger saying, “I did not come to court,Marcus Kruger Jersey, I came to pay a bail sum, and although they spoke with me at the cashier’s booth,Jonathan Toews Jersey, I was told I could not do any transaction because I was not dressed appropriately.”“I wasted my time and my taxi fare.”The rules of the court require persons to be dressed in sober colours and loose clothing. Persons are also told not to wear jeans and sleeveless tops. The stipulations include no three quarter pants,Tony Twist Jersey, tights or short skirts.The move to the temporary law location became effective on Monday March 7, last, when Chancellor of the Judiciary (ag) Justice Carl Singh made his announcement a few days earlier. The move was to facilitate repairs and rehabilitation of the Magistrates’ Court building which is situated at the Avenue of Republic and Brickdam.The courts– One, Two, Three,Charlie Coyle Jersey, Five, Eight and Nine — were all moved to its current location at the former Globe Trust Building located at 92 Middle Street. A number of persons at the time welcomed the change but still raised a few uncertainties,Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey, some concerning the housing of prisoners.It has now been determined that the prisoners be held on the Western end of the building on the ground floor.It has been clear to concerned persons that there were reasons to question the relocation effort. We are now entering our eighth month at this location one woman said.“It seems as if the main building will never be ready. I hope over there is more convenient and comfortable,Bobby Hull Jersey, because when you come here, is whole day you spending,” she cursed with great irritation on her face.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 23:41 , Processed in 0.069229 second(s), 26 queries .