帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-8 07:06:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– Says it was a “dream come true”GT&T’s CEO along with representatives from the RegionThe communication gap between residents in Aranaputa,Howie Morenz Canadiens Jersey, North Rupununi and the rest of the world has been narrowed with the launch of Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T)’s mobile cellular service in that community Saturday last.The 350ft tower with GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) antennas mounted all the way to the top, sending signals to several villages in the North Rupununi, was a “dream come through” for residents in Aranaputa, Region Nine, who were earlier forced to line up to make calls from a GT&T phone booth.Regional Chairman, Wilson Lorentino thanked the telephone company for investing millions of dollars in their region. “This is a dream come through for us. We can now stay connected with the rest of the world. Region Nine has been made richer with the installation of this service,Matt Duffy Giants Jersey,” he declared.Lorentino told the gathering that the cost of transportation can now be lowered with the commissioning of the tower. “We can now do businesses within our community with the uses of our phones. We don’t have to use transportation to go anywhere.”“Access to the internet will change the way our children do their research. GT&T was the first to bring self services to Lethem and with the completion of this tower, there will be greater communication from the Georgetown to Lethem trail,Matt Adams Cardinals Jersey,” the Regional Chairman said.Michael Williams, Chairman of the North Rupununi Development Board (NRDDB) described Saturday’s opening as a “symbolic day” for the residents.“I was always asking when would reality come and my question has been answered now. Thanks to GT&T, our dreams have come true.” According to GT&T’s Chief Executive Officer, Radha Krishna Sharma, efficient and effective services are required to overcome high unit transaction cost and to access capital, markets and technical input.GT&T tower at Aranaputa“Set against this background of rural transformation,Cheap Texas A&M Jerseys, it is hoped that the advent of the mobile phone will stimulate a revolution in rural connectivity for small farmers and other small scale producers,” Sharma noted.He explained that the Aranaputa Cell Site, which serves Annai and its environs,Christian Vazquez Red Sox Jersey, was deployed since it was recognised that the North Rupununi was insufficiently served by the rural radio booths.“This demographic area serves as a hub for North Rupununi in areas such as Business, Educational and Health matters and as such needed wider access to the national communication network,” the CEO said.Apart from the commissioning of the tower, the telephone company presented a cheque for $200,000 to the Bina Hill Institute and gifts to three students who earned a position in the top 100 students in the National Grade Six Assessment Examination.Public ResponseJillian Joseph, a resident in Aranaputa told Kaieteur News that she is very excited with the services now being offered in her community. “I was born and grow up here and never know about phones until I travel to Georgetown.”The woman said she has a blackberry phone but only uses it when she is in the city. “Now I don’t have to wait that long, I can make calls now,” she said with a giggle.Another resident, Moris Peters explained that it was always frustrating to use the phone booths. “Sometimes you have to line up long, long and when it is finally your turn,Davante Adams Packers Jersey UK, you make a lot of mistakes entering the card numbers.”Savitre Daniels said her daughter is studying in Cuba and it was very difficult for her to make contact with her but things will be easier now.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 11:34 , Processed in 0.069836 second(s), 26 queries .