10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-9 03:57:24 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
In courts and in hearings across the world the opinions of plaintiffs and defendants naturally differ. In many criminal cases the two “work themselves up” so much as to totally believe their case – and thus fight, within the boundaries of the law, for their client’s cause.However, whenever high-profile hearings or cases are televised and carried in bits and pieces by the media, the tone, intent and result undergo tremendous change. Sound-bytes take the place of an entire statement as the population becomes the audience.With high political stakes, attorneys soon perform for the public more than for the judges or panel. The truth sometimes is of little importance. Instead the insinuations and assumptions are more important – as can be seen in the current Commission of Inquiry.Too many statements and SUGGESTIONS are voiced as questions – that were not only “leading” to the witness – but to the public. Too many attempts were made to “put words into witnesses’ mouths” and images and emotions in the minds of Guyanese. Whether by accident or intent, the effect may be more than we can handle.One can only wonder whether an attorney who suggests a cause or action to the witness is, in effect, issuing an edict of how he would have felt or acted personally if placed in similar situation. I will await the outcome of the COI. But, It seems like this is one case where we must “get Rohee at all costs” whether he is guilty or not.I am not a fan of Rohee,Montee Ball Wisconsin Jersey, or Hicken. I believe the shootings were wrong and I also believe that the President should have visited Linden much earlier. But, I believe that the way we are going about this is wrong for my country. Why aim at Rohee when the entire country needs attention? How many hours, dollars and effort will be spent on the COI – compared to the compensation for those affected?I do not believe in violence. I do not support violence. Progress can be achieved without violence, without the shooting of innocent people – and also without planting seeds of hate.While I believe that the Government does not always act in Guyana’s interest I also believe that the opposition is equally guilty. And,Detroit Tigers Mark Lowe Jersey, while I believe that the Government is not doing much to stamp out corruption,Colt McCoy Texas Jersey, I also know that there cannot be any right in planting hate.I support the COI, but I do not support the insinuations! Bottom line, there can be nothing right in “supposing” criminal intent to the minds of the Guyanese public. I want facts,Cheap Stanford Cardinal Jerseys, I want the truth,Mark Grace Cubs Jersey, not half-truth. I want statements,Frank Robinson Orioles Jersey, not soundbytes. I want to know what happened. Yes I want truth from the police,Ken Dryden Canadiens Jersey, the government and the politicians and the commission.I await the COI’s report. But, what is certain is that this COI will leave a mark that may be even deeper than that barbaric act of shooting innocent people.Sure, your opinion may differ from mine, but let’s differ in Peace.One Love!
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 02:31 , Processed in 0.075754 second(s), 28 queries .