10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-9 14:19:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
What a week it was for the media, especially Kaieteur News and Adam. First Adam got reprimanded by the son of the Attorney General Charles Ramson,Jalen Hurd Tennessee Jersey, then Kaieteur News get blame for carrying/not carrying the ACDA “announcing the riot act”.We had a gentleman who wanted nothing to do with Kaieteur News,Cheap South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks Jerseys, suddenly finding himself a darling in some sections of the media because of accusations in an asylum case in Canada.My article last week on rigged elections drew quite a few emails, all positive I should say, some even explaining how the rigging was done.I don’t like people “beating on my friends”. When I saw Adam responding to President Jagdeo speech “outing him” as a past Editor of New Nation, I felt that it was about time Adam defended himself. I thought the matter was put to rest,Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina Jersey, until I saw Attorney General Charles Ramson son’s letter.My grandmother would have described Mr. Ramson as a “man of big words”. Maybe he was a school teacher since he took on the role as an English teacher to reprimand Adam on the correct way he should have written his article since Adam  INFERRED that the President spoke as if he was a criminal.According to this learnt gentleman, the “ public has a right to know about the background of Adam Harris and all Editors in Chief and Columnists of any media house, especially of the public good service that the mainstream media provide and its consequential role of shaping public opinions”.What a load of rubbish. I have never heard such a nonsensical argument. Could you imagine the Attorney General of the United States saying that the public has a right to know the background of all editors in the U S media?The public has a right to know the message; it’s not about the messenger. Do we need to know the background of the mailman delivering the letter?Mr. Ramson wrote an article that was devoted to more semantics than substance. If I use his logic,C.J. Fair Syracuse Jersey, since there is corruption in the Government then should I INFER that Mr. Ramson, who is part of the Government is corrupt? (He is employed at Office of the President)  Mr.Ramson went on a “long winding road” just to say that because Adam worked with media houses that were PERCIEVED to be anti-PPP therefore we can INFER that Harris is anti-PPP. It’s the guilty by association syndrome.Could it not be that my friend was just trying to “make an honest living”? Look I probably know Adam longer than any of the media people today. In the late seventies he was Chief Government Information Officer in Berbice and I was the old Guyana Broadcasting Service Berbice correspondent.Since GBS was Government owned I guess everyone should have INFERRED that I was anti PPP,Cheap Jerseys, when in fact I was a PPP supporter. Our families shared many a holidays and other occasions together. Never in those times did Adam express or show any hostility to the PPP. He did his job like he said “as a professional”What is ironic about Mr. Ramson arguments is that whenever Kaieteur News does the “public good” by exposing how the tax dollars are wasted by Government the paper then becomes “anti government”.“Do suh nah like suh’. Mr. Ramson knows this game well; it the old political trick of blaming the messenger and not the message.Mr Ramson should devote the taxpayers’ time and money by paying attention to speeches like the one made by the ACDA. They want to take us back to a dark period in Guyana’s history, a time where barbed wire separated Afro and Indo Guyanese villages; a period of racial killing, burning and looting.Thousands of Guyanese had to flee their life long homes to live in villages and towns among people of their own race. The violence affected both Afro and Indo Guyanese. It was a painful part of Guyana’s history that I am sure no Guyanese would like to revisit. Just to remind those in the ACDA— part of the problem was that the opposition PNC felt that the First Past the Post electoral system was not equitable.The present Proportional Representation system was advocated by the PNC and UF in an effort to defeat the PPP because it was felt the PPP could not win more than 50 per cent of the votes.No one race is 54 per cent of the population, but the PPP won that percentage of votes. It is up to the opposition to convince the Guyanese people that they can do a better job than the PPP. If the PPP can do it then the opposition has the same opportunity to do so.Opponents of the PPP Government had some ammunition against the government with the news that a Guyanese got asylum in Canada because of certain threats made against him and family.Well folks you should not be excited about this and think that the accusations against the PPP Government are necessarily true. Anybody can string together some facts and present to the Immigration and hope to convince the authorities that they are true. The facts do not have to be true; you just have to convince the judge that they are true.It’s no different when someone is freed of a crime he or she committed,West Virginia Mountaineers Jerseys, because their attorney convinced a judge or jury that the person is innocent.Today many people are being freed from death row in the United States because DNA proved that they are innocent, but you know what,Cheap Texas Longhorns Jerseys, some prosecutor convinced a judge or jury years ago that they were guilty.What the gentleman who disclosed this case to the media should also state is how many cases were denied resulting in people’s deportation back to Guyana. You would find that very few of these cases were successful, be it Canada or the U.S.Finally I have received many emails in response to my article last week about election rigging by the PNC. Some of the writers claim to be former military/police officers. Some worked in the Military Intelligence and gave detailed description of how it was done.Two names kept coming up and the writers felt that these gentlemen should “step up to the plate” and explain their role— Joe Singh and Norman McLean. There was no reason to doubt them; they knew what they were talking about.By the way, Vibert,Jordan Shipley Texas Jersey, my friend,Earl Campbell Texas Jersey, I do not think you helped rig elections. You know what was funny about the emails, they pointed out that the military voted a week before the elections, and their votes were also rigged. True story, I have the emails to prove it.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:10 , Processed in 0.072260 second(s), 28 queries .