9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-11 12:41:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“The onus is on individuals to inform the Public Service Ministry (PSM) that they have completed their mandated years of service” said Minister Jennifer Westford, when she commented on the fact that some persons who had benefited from scholarships remain blacklisted years after serving their country.This state-of affairs was highlighted by Editor-In-Chief of this newspaper,C.J. Fair Syracuse Jersey, Mr Adam Harris, in his weekly column, ‘My Column’ under the headline ‘Who needs this embarrassment?’ which was published in the last Sunday Special.Harris in his column cited specific instances whereby persons had to face immense embarrassment when they learnt that they were still blacklisted when they attempted to travel abroad.Harris’s column highlighted that there has been some level of miscommunication,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, which has been ongoing for almost four decades and added “the Public Service Ministry seems incapable of getting things right when it comes to its scholarship awardees.” In fact he had alluded to the fact that the miscommunication may have been allowed to continue over the years,Cheap Texas Longhorns Jerseys, as there has been no legal action taken.But according to the Minister, in an invited comment yesterday,Geno Smith West Virginia Jersey, the PSM is not tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that stamps affixed to the passports of scholarship awardees are removed after they would have given their service to the country.The stamp affixed to the passport is an indication that such persons cannot travel abroad as they have not honoured their contractual obligation to the government.Minister Westford explained that after an individual completes a scholarship overseas,Melvin Gordon Wisconsin Jersey, then he or she is assigned by the PSM to various agencies to complete their contractual obligation.“If that individual leaves before completing their obligation or even if they complete their time, sometimes the agency may write to us informing us, but not always. So unless they (scholarship awardees) come in to us, we most often will not know what their status is.”As such,Joshua Dobbs Tennessee Jersey, the Minister disclosed that most persons as soon as their contract is close to completion would write to the Ministry informing of their status in anticipation of having their passports processed earlier.On completion of the contract, Minister Westford related that she is then tasked with inking a letter to the Immigration Department informing that entity that the scholarship awardee has completed his or her contractual obligation,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, thus allowing for the removal of the stamp.“When I see a new blue file on my desk I know that it is a new scholarship awardee and when I see an old blue file I know it is somebody that has finished serving,” the Minister related.And according to her, most persons do comply with the recommended procedure,Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina Jersey, adding that it is only a few individuals that have failed to comply over the years.Commenting on a specific case highlighted in Harris’s column, the Minister noted that there is a vast amount of information that was not revealed in the article that could have proved that her Ministry operated based only on protocol,Jake Browning Washington Jersey, a practice which has remained constant over the years.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:23 , Processed in 0.076822 second(s), 28 queries .