9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-12 08:58:05 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Although memories of an accident on the Mabura trail almost two years ago may never leave the mind of Jalisa Moore, she certainly did not expect 2013 to find her writhing in pain because of that day.Though it is believed that she could have been much worse off, she walked away with injuries only to her right foot. Three months after an operation to repair her foot she was walking on her own since according to her, “using crutches was slowing me down.”Recounting the incident from her mother’s Hardina Street, Georgetown, home yesterday, 21-year-old Moore said that she left Georgetown aboard a bus en route to Mabura on September 23, 2011.Moore with a bandaged foot yesterday.She was at the time returning to a location in the Upper-Demerara Region where she was employed.The woman said that while in the vicinity of 58 Miles, along the trail, she observed a ‘bush’ truck skidding at a fast rate towards the bus she was in. There were no front wheels on the truck which appeared to be “tumbling,” she recalled.In an attempt to avert a collision she observed the bus driver swerving violently to the other side of the road. “I just close my eyes and say ‘help me Jesus’”.She does not have a detailed recollection of what transpired but according to the Sophia Georgetown resident when she opened her eyes she was being pulled from the mangled bus and placed into a corner of the thoroughfare by two men.  She was feeling no pain and therefore was confident that she had been spared any harm.However,Tennessee Vols Jerseys, by the time she attempted to stand a young man rushed to her aid and urged her not to move. It was at this point she observed that her right foot was covered in blood and a section was “gouged out”.“All the tissues inside my foot were gone,Cheap TCU Horned Frogs Jerseys,” she disclosed adding that she was the first person rushed to the Linden Hospital Complex for medical attention.She never lost consciousness while en route to the hospital but was eventually sedated to allow medical personnel to operate on her foot.When she awoke the following day she was informed that she had internal bleeding as well. “I remember waking up on the hospital bed and when I was about to clean off myself I saw this track on my stomach and I ask the nurse what happen…She just say ‘you had internal bleeding so the doctor had to cut you’. Nobody never told me anything more about that,” she recounted.Moore said she was required to remain in hospital for just over two months during which time gauze was packed into her foot wound on a daily basis with a view to helping to restore the missing tissues.She was eventually discharged from the hospital and was told that she would have to undergo skin grafting to help give her foot a normal appearance. According to Moore when she left the hospital her wound appeared “very raw.”She was soon trying to use crutches to help regain her ability to walk.In order to make a living she started working at a few places but could not stay employed as the foot would start paining on occasions. And despite her wound had healed eventually she observed a lump on her foot.“I thought the flesh that had grown back wasn’t level but then it started paining,Montee Ball Wisconsin Jersey,” said Moore, who stated that she was eventually forced to visit the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation.She was given some tablets to ease the pain but that did not help her concerns. A subsequent x-ray revealed nothing, prompting medical personnel to deduce that Moore probably was stung by an insect and it became infected. “It was just a lump and nothing was showing on the skin,” she recalled.And since the pain didn’t ease,Andrew Buie West Virginia Jersey, Moore said that she returned to the hospital last month and was admitted for three days after which she was discharged but was given July 3, 2013 as a date to return.The attending doctor was in fact treating the lump as an abscess and upon her return to the hospital he administered anaesthetic to the area before cutting the lump and proceeding to squeeze it.Although she was looking away she could not help but hear when the doctor exclaimed, ‘Oh my God what is this?’“I said doctor don’t tell me is what I thinking,” recounted Moore, who said she along with a nurse witnessed the doctor remove a bloodied gauze from her foot. “He run to the phone and called some other doctor and had a conversation,Mighty Oregon Oregon Jersey,” before completing his work on her foot,Oliver Luck West Virginia Jersey, she recalled.Although bandaged,Melvin Gordon Wisconsin Jersey, her foot now has a gaping wound but according to Moore she is thankful that the gauze was detected and removed.However, the mother of one said that she felt compelled to highlight the matter in the media in hopes that medical personnel would be more careful when attending to patients in order to prevent another such occurrence.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 10:17 , Processed in 0.070354 second(s), 26 queries .