10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-14 10:42:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A remigrant couple is today feeling unsafe in their home in a gated community,Wil Ledezma Venezuela Jersey, after it was ransacked by suspected burglars on Republic Day.It is believed that the thieves, sometime between 13:00 hours and 15:00 hours on the said day, escaped with well over US$20,000 worth in foreign currency, platinum, gold and diamond jewellery, and gifts, from their Windsor Estates, East Bank Demerara residence.Marva Christian and her husband recently retired and returned to Guyana after spending 40 years in the United States.“I was always afraid to come back to Guyana, but then I saw this gated community and thought that it was the ideal place to live,” the woman said.Security experts and the couple indicated that initial evidence suggests that more than one person carried out the burglary, since two separate sets of footprints could be seen.It is believed that the bandits gained entry to the home by scaling the community’s main wall, and using two plant support sticks from the Christians’ garden to break a kitchen window. Once on the inside, it is believed that one burglar then opened the glass doors allowing the other(s) to enter the home.However,Franklin Morales Venezuela Jersey, evidence at the scene proves that the intruder was hurt while entering the broken kitchen window. This resulted in the individual leaving a trail of blood all over the walls, floor and furniture in the house.“When we came in we saw the blood and my husband thought that Sebastian (the dog) was hurt,John Axford Canada Jersey, but after we found him locked away in the TV room, he was fine, and we started to investigate what this red substance could be,Jessen Therrien Canada Jersey,” the woman related. She went on to explain, “We then saw the broken glass on the floor and figured out what had happened.My husband went upstairs by himself, because he said they could still be in the house. There was blood all over; on the floor, on the sofa, on the walls leading upstairs, and in my bedroom. The person cut themselves, and then started using my pillowcase,Sebastian Poma Italy Jersey, cotton wool and tissue to absorb the blood. It had to be a bad cut… But by the time we came home the blood was already dried. That means they had to have broken in shortly after I left to do my errands, and left long before I got back.”The Christians believe that while on the inside, their dog, who lives in the home, was locked in a room in order to muffle his constant barking,Brandon Crawford USA Jersey, since he would usually raise an alarm at the presence of strangers.It was after this that the couple believes the bandits combed through their home in search of specific valuables and cash, since only the foreign currency and most expensive jewellery were taken, along with a cupboard filled with other valuables.It was just a few days ago that bandits broke into and stole a safe containing millions of dollars in gold,Rene Tosoni Canada Jersey, diamonds and rare watches, from another home in the same East Bank Demerara gated community.Kaieteur News was made to understand that the Christians recently fenced their home, making it impossible for persons to see into the yard. This worked in the favour of the thieves.The couple contacted the community’s security team, who in turn contacted the Police at the Providence Station. However,Jim Henderson Canada Jersey, the police are yet to take a statement from the couple.The Christians, through their own initiative, hired private fingerprint experts to come into their home and take a look at the scene.When Kaieteur News spoke to Windsor Estates’ Sales Manager Clyde Wilson,Tyler ONeill Canada Jersey, he said that he had no knowledge of any break and entry in the community. He later confirmed that security was aware of the incident.Windsor Estates CEO, Danny Sawh, told this newspaper that he believes that the thieves have taken advantage of the fact that the entrance gate of the community has recently been relocated, and as such the necessary security measures have not yet been installed. He assured that a US firm will arrive shortly to install a high-tech infrared security system, which will be able to identify any breach in the 40-acre community.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:58 , Processed in 0.067562 second(s), 26 queries .