9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-15 05:13:33 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– hopes Health Ministry will compensate him “My wife went into that hospital looking and feeling good and come out back dead because they couldn’t take the time to give her proper care…” When Nigel Rodney tied the blissful wedding knot with his sweetheart Luan a few years ago he was convinced that they would be growing old together. It wasn’t long after they became parents to their first child, Marsha,jerseys from china, giving them the sense of really becoming a family unit.Four years later their second child was on the way and the two were anxiously deciding on names. And since their anticipated child was another girl, two names that were under serious consideration was Kelisha or Kenisha. The name didn’t really matter to Nigel though; he was just anxious to cradle his newborn in his arms and even had plans to parade the streets of the Meadow Brook Garden Squatting area to show her off.But by the start of June, the anticipated member of the Rodney family was way overdue which saw the expectant mother being admitted to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) for labour to be induced. Luan was admitted on Monday June 3,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, 2013.Nigel Rodney and his wife in happy times.Nigel remembers all too well how he was excited about returning to the hospital the following day to collect his wife and their new baby.But the morning of June 4 did not turn out the way he had envisioned. Instead of being greeted with news of being a father to a newborn,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, hospital officials informed Nigel that not only was his wife dead but his baby was stillborn.Twenty-eight-year-old Luan was pronounced dead in the wee hours of June 4 in the maternity unit of the GPHC.It has been more than two months since that devastating blow to his life but according to the widower, during an interview with this publication on Saturday, he is still struggling to accept the stark reality. In fact,Wholesale Jerseys, he disclosed that the whole ordeal has left him with more expense than he has ever known.Nigel, who operates as a weeder/landscaper, said that he is struggling to make ends meet as he is now required to act as both mother and father to his four-year-old daughter,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, thus he is unable to work the hours he could’ve in the past. “I have to ensure Marsha eats,Cheap Jerseys From China, I have to take care of her…I do get some help from my mother but I can’t leave everything on her because Marsha is my child,” explained a despondent Nigel.A recently completed investigation into the death of Luan by an Expert Committee deduced that both doctors and nurses, who were tasked with attending to her,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, were negligent in the care rendered. Both sets of professionals were sent on administration leave pending the outcome of the investigation but their ultimate fates currently lie in the hands of both the Medical and Nursing Council, according to Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Shamdeo Persaud.But according to Nigel, he was only privy to the development of the investigation through the media,cheap jerseys nfl wholesale, although officials at the hospital had assured him that they would keep him abreast. “They promised me to keep me aware of what was going on…they talked to me a few times but people on the streets knowing about the developments before me…I know that they (the hospital) already knew from the beginning what happened to my wife but I thought they would be professional enough to call me in and tell me about the findings themselves so I gave them the time to do their thing…they even asked me not to talk to the media,” said Nigel.And since he does not have the wherewithal to take legal action against the health institution, Nigel is hopeful that the management of the hospital or the relevant authority would see it fit to compensate him for the expenses he has had to incur because of his wife’s death. “The least they can do now is compensate me for something that happened because of their negligence…”“My wife went into that hospital looking and feeling good and come out back dead because they couldn’t take the time to give her proper care,” asserted the distraught man.He is however hopeful that his wife’s death has not occurred in vain since he anticipates that the service offered at the hospital will be improved so that another life could be saved in the future.Although dealing with the death of his wife and baby has not been easy Nigel disclosed that he finds comfort in some of the many stories in the Bible. “I have come to accept that nothing can happen unless God allows it to happen and somehow I hope that some good will come out of the situation,” added Nigel.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:55 , Processed in 0.063915 second(s), 26 queries .