10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-15 23:22:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“I cannot come here and promise that by the wave of a magical wand,Newly- elected Region 6 Chairman and Vice Chairman, David Armogan and Bhopaul Jagroo (L & R)Region Six will be transformed tomorrow morning…but I can promise you that I will work faithfully every single day “- ArmoganDavid Permaul Armogan was unanimously elected Region Six Chairman on Wednesday during the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) elections.Before Armogan was elected,Adrian Peterson Oklahoma Jersey, 30 councilors representing the three major political parties took the oath of office administered by the Deputy Regional Executive Officer, Imran Ally.The proceedings which got underway at 10:00 hrs sharp saw the attendance of several politicians from the various political parties including Minister of Natural Resources, Robert Persaud. The new RDC now comprises 17 councilors from the People’s Progressive Party/ Civic (PPP/C); six from A Partnership from National Unity (APNU); and seven from the Alliance for Change (AFC).The new Chairman thanked the councilors “who have shown the confidence in electing me here as the new chairman”. “I have never harbored any ambition to sit in this chair but today I have been called to perform duties much higher, the duties of chairman and I have taken the honor and privilege in serving all the people of this region as long as I am chairman”,Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss Jersey, he said.He praised his predecessor,Lebron James Ohio State Jersey, Zulfikar Mustapha,Maurice Clarett Ohio State Jersey, who “has provided me with the opportunity within the regional system to serve and I am grateful for those exposure”.“This job is not going to be an easy job, I know that, because it is not easy to please people so criticism will be in order and I have to develop a thick skin”, he related. “I cannot come here and promise that by the wave of a magical wand, Region Six will be transformed tomorrow morning…but I can promise you that I will work faithfully every single day to ensure the lives of the people of this region are improved day after day.”The new chairman extended his hand of friendship and unity to “all the members of the opposition” and said that he wanted to “work together”. He said that all councilors will be given the opportunity to express their ideas once it is done with civility and decorum.He noted that while much work was achieved by his predecessor,Barry Sanders Oklahoma State Jersey, much more work has to be done.“Former Chairman, Zulfikar Mustapha,C. J. Beathard Iowa Jersey, would now be focusing on the rejuvenation of our political work in the PPP/C in East and West Berbice.”Messages of congratulations were then expressed by both members of the opposition and government side. They came from Michael Carrington of the AFC who travelled from Georgetown.Carrington stated that he would have desired the AFC to get the Regional Vice- chairman position and that “he was a little saddened in terms of the Vice Chair”. ”I know that in political arenas,Cheap Kansas City Royals Jersey Jerseys, you normally negotiate, but we were looking to see the independency of our councilors, seeing that our councilors didn’t oppose you and that we have the second- largest majority, that  you would have throw your weight but we know how politics goes in Guyana”, he stated.He nevertheless congratulated the new chairman and his vice chairman.Armogan is 53 years old and hails from Coburg Street, New Amsterdam. He is a businessman in marine transportation, sand, stone and a lumber dealer with a trucking service. He attended the Skeldon High School and University of Guyana where he read for a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics.He is a graduate teacher and taught at the Skeldon High School from 1981-1984. He worked at Guyana Sugar Corporation as Asst Personnel Manager and Personnel Manager. He was Regional Councilor from 1997-2011; Chairman of the Regional Education Committee; Berbice Regional Health Authority; Member of NAMS School Board; Regional Tender Board; Chairman of New Amsterdam Technical Institute and twice past President of the Rotary Club of New Amsterdam.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 14:42 , Processed in 0.076191 second(s), 28 queries .