帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-16 06:05:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“We are trying to stay focused on our mission to save lives, regardless of the criticisms that are levelled by some persons,” said Chief Executive Officer of the Caribbean Heart Institute (CHI),World Baseball Classic Jerseys, Dr Gary Stephens.According to Dr Stephens, CHI commenced its operation four years ago with the intent to provide a service and a level of care that the Guyanese populace could be proud of.“I don’t think any criticism could deter me now; I think I am my own worst critic. We critique ourselves all the time,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale, that’s just the way it is…I am never pleased, so we are always striving to do better here at CHI,” he asserted during an interview with this newspaper.Reflecting on the operation of CHI over the past four years, Dr Stephens revealed that the services being offered have gotten better, adding that plans are already apace to further improve what currently obtains.“Every year we bring something new…we just try to move forward in our effort to get to where we want to be. Are we perfect? No. Do we make mistakes? Yes we do. So every criticism that people level at us we take a look at it.”Even the recent allegations that were levelled against the heart institute by television personality and leader of the Justice For All Party, Chandra Narine Sharma (who claimed that he was unable to see a doctor at the institution), have been investigated.  And according to Dr Stephens, the allegations were found to be very inaccurate.“First thing I did on learning of the claims was to find out what was the real story. And I was satisfied with the explanation and it was not anywhere close to what was claimed…”According to Dr Stephens, “we at CHI are not afraid of criticisms,cheap nfl jerseys china,” even as he stressed that officials at the entity are always willing to listen to people’s opinions.He opined that often is the case that people refuse to take the time to ink a note stating their concerns in the quest to create an improved service.“What does it serve you to go and spread some stupid rumour?  I guarantee that anybody who picks up the phone and says I had a bad experience at CHI, we are going to look into it…It is in our interest to address any real concern.”24-hour emergency service, a success storyIt was in the quest to improve the service that is offered, Dr Stephens revealed, that a decision was taken just over a year ago to offer a 24-hour emergency service by incorporating the services of an Interventional Cardiologist, in the person of Dr Pratik Soni. And according to Dr Stephens,cheap nfl jerseys, there is no doubt that Dr Soni has been doing an excellent job, in addition to the service rendered by the other three doctors – Ghansham Singh,cheap jerseys nfl wholesale, Haydoc Wilson, and Shaskil – who are currently attached to CHI.Although Dr Stephens,cheap nfl jerseys online, a Guyanese by birth who resides in the United States, spearheads routine open-heart operations at the institution, the other doctors are charged with the day-to-day operation of CHI.“It has been great, only Mr Sharma seems to think that he can’t find a doctor when he comes here.”Dr Stephens noted that since Dr Soni’s arrival several persons have benefited considerably. Among those who have benefited from the emergency service are: Mr Sharma; Police Commissioner, Henry Greene; the Guyana Revenue Authority’s boss, Khurshid Sattaur; Leader of the People’s National Congress Reform, Robert Corbin, among others.“He (Dr Soni) is good at what he does. There is no question about his ability. He has done a great deal and he has singlehandedly made a huge difference,” Dr Stephens boasted.He revealed that Dr Soni is so capable in his field that he can convert many emergency situations to elective surgery. And this could be undertaken when a patient suffers a heart-attack whereby a stent is implanted in the relevant blood vessel to remove a blockage thus allowing the heart to function almost normally.“He will make sure that you are okay and you may not need surgery maybe until five months down the road…”And there are plants to make open-heart surgery just as routine as stenting at CHI, according to Dr Stephens. Stenting can be done at CHI on a daily basis. And Dr Stephens envisages open-heart surgery being done just as regular – a development which is currently being restricted by the limited four-bed recovery room.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:31 , Processed in 0.071513 second(s), 26 queries .