9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-16 20:48:58 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A woman from Kuru Kururu,Mississippi State Bulldogs Jerseys, Soesdyke/Linden Highway, is claiming that she was contacted by an individual who then informed her that she had won the “super sweepstakes”.  The man identified himself as a representative ofThe shredded cell phone cards.a telephone service provider.With his “smooth talks and sweet words”, at the end of the conversation, the woman, Pam Smith, had already committed to give the man what he requested – $21,Dak Prescott Mississippi State Jersey,000 worth in phone cards and a promise to send $42,000 later that day.After the voucher pins were transferred,Everett Golson Notre Dame Jersey, he then requested that the cards be ‘chipped up’ into tiny pieces and shuffled about – to which she obliged. It was after she visited an outlet of one of the service providers to obtain “the prize”, that she learnt it was all a scam. However,Oklahoma State Cowboys Jerseys, the perpetrator contacted her later asking for the $42,000 she had promised.Smith began pleading with the man to return her voucher pins, but to no avail.This scam, which is known by most Guyanese, has been lying somewhat dormant after it was exposed by a Lindener, who took to a national television programme some years ago.With its return,Tyler Russell Mississippi State Jersey, it seems as if the perpetrators have upped their game.“He called me on Friday morning and said that I win the competition. He ask me if I was aware of the collaboration between Digicel and GT&T and I said no and he told me that it was my lucky day and how I was live on Air.“I believe every word because he sound like a commentator. I didn’t think that he was trying to rob me because he sound real (convincing). He told me to buy $21,000 in phone cards; all two Digicel and GT&T and how he will call back. He called back and I read out the pin (numbers) for him. When I done he told me to chip up the cards,” Smith said.The distraught woman said that she reported the matter to the police where an officer told her that “it was them prisoners who doing them things”.Smith refuted this assertion saying that after she gave the anonymous caller the voucher pins, she could not make any calls from both her cellular phone and landline.“I don’t believe is prisoners, it is more than that,Chad Kelly Ole Miss Jersey, my landline and cellphone could not make any calls after. It was long after that I coulda make a call. This thing got to stop. I can’t see how I can’t get back my money,Archie Griffin Ohio State Jersey,”Several social media users have been posting on Facebook about their experiences asking that persons be more cognisant and to record these conversations.There have also been reports of persons receiving calls from “Customer Service Representatives” requesting information on National Passports and National Identification Cards.Just recently,Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Jersey, a Kaieteur News reporter was targeted by a “relentless” caller requesting the information on his national documents, saying that he had won a substantial amount of money among other things.The reporter obtained the recording from his service provider and is now using the recording to spread awareness online.When this publication contacted the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of Digicel,Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss Jersey, Vidya Sanichara, she related that indeed, this has been an issue that has been going for some time now and the company has been informing the public on a regular basis through Short Message Service (SMS/text messages) to be more cognisant.Sanichara also related that under no circumstances will Digicel ask its customers for credit since “Digicel sells credit”.She continued that investigators are having a hard time pinpointing the locations of perpetrators however when asked to expound on the method used, she declined to share that information.She wishes not to divulge any further information on the system used to combat this issue because once published, the perpetrators will become aware of its workings, she said.Sanichara urged that customers be on alert and reiterated that they be more cognisant.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 02:56 , Processed in 0.063921 second(s), 26 queries .