9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-18 00:16:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Leonard GildarieMost folks I know can get the hang of driving a new vehicle on the first try. That is because they have been driving for awhile. But imagine asking those same folks to operate a front-end loader or a backhoe. Or even new machinery that is fully automated. In all likelihood, training and a study of the manual that comes along with the machinery may help.Jewel CameronOver the past few weeks, we have been examining some incorrect ways that we may have been building. We spoke about laying the concrete blocks first before you pour the columns, as there will be no realistic way to tie the two in later.Two Guyanese who worked in Antigua also made it clear that it is not recommended that nails be used to attach the galvanized roofing, but rather screws that have the self-sealing rubber and washers. They also advised that it is better to cavity-fill the concrete blocks with mortar and steel to strengthen them and tie the foundation to the perimeter beam. In that way, should there be a fire, it would be contained to a particular room, leaving the least possible damage.Of course, the articles have been generating lots of comments and I will be publishing some next week. That is because this week I want to delve into the all-important issue of your drawings.Before building,Ohio State Buckeyes Jerseys, you are required to submit to the local NDC or city council copies of what you intend to do. From my own experience, my drawings for our home at La Parfaite Harmonie included details of how many rooms, distance from fence, windows and size of the proposed building. There were no wiring or plumbing plans. These architectural plans are a critical piece of evidence that the bank will require, as it tells them what you intend to do. It also tells the bank that the local NDC or city council has approved your plans, in keeping with regulations.Well, Jewel Cameron,Dak Prescott Mississippi State Jersey, a long-time professional who has been working over 30 years,Barry Sanders Oklahoma State Jersey, drawing plans, managing project sites and attached to a number of prominent construction firms,Cheap Boston Red Sox Jersey Jerseys, is saying that the situation with the plans is worrying. I will continue to talk to some local professionals who know.I stop here to highlight a situation in St. Maarten, a Dutch Eastern Caribbean territory where land is scarce and the authorities are strict and would stringently monitor new constructions. One lady was approved through the bank for a mortgage but decided she would make changes after the approved process. She made her own sketch of what she wanted and of course, the contractor thought he could accommodate. Of course, the inspectors came and suspended work for three months. She was forced to do new drawings, pay for them, and re-submit them to the relevant authorities. Time and money wasted.In Guyana, the plans generally do not show wiring,Brice Johnson North Carolina Jersey, plumbing, size of windows and doors, and details of the foundation. I say this with authority from my own experience and the countless other examples I have seen.According to Cameron, while for years Guyana has been accepting the incomplete drawings, the reality is that it is bad for business.“You are actually flying blind. When you reach the stage of wiring, there are just no plans. Let me say that unless you have a good contractor who knows what he is about, you will be ending up with problems.”The other issue, for me, that is even more important, is that lots of folks will be building for the first time and do not have a clue of some of the hurdles that can be encountered. Under new regulations,Samaje Perine Oklahoma Jersey, wiring will have to be placed in the concrete walls in little plastic pipes called conduits. So after building the walls, and the workmen braving the heat and maybe rains to plaster them, will you break or chip those nice walls? The reality is that this is what precisely what is happening. Ever try trying filling up those chipped walls? In most cases, it can never be neatly repaired.“My problem with the drawings is that they are not properly detailed,” Cameron asserts.He believes that there is need for the professional bodies, including architects, to play a bigger role along with improved building codes. “Enforcement will be key. It will require a complete overhaul of the system with increased training for sanitary inspectors at the NDCs and city councils.”Cameron said that he has seen drawings with wrong symbols, calculations, and very poor presentation. The drawings are critical guides that will allow a new contractor to come in and pick up where a previous one would have left off.Another area that is critical is that along with the drawings will be the materials and labour costs.This is a critical document required by the bank to determine how much will be spent.According to Cameron, many contractors rush this through, even adjusting it to suit the client and the bank. With some parts of the construction are more technical than others,Everett Golson Notre Dame Jersey, most banks make the mistake of applying standard, across-the-board labour and material costs.Cameron believes this is one of the main reasons why many homes are stalled, because the true costs are revealed during the construction,Cheap Tampa Bay Rays Jersey Jerseys, leaving the homeowner in trouble.“So yes, we have to be more detailed in the drawings and those estimates. Cutting corners will not work and will only lead to delays and increased costs,Steve Owens Oklahoma Jersey,” he emphasises.I have left you with some thoughts for the weekend and the week ahead. Next week, we publish some of the responses.Be safe, don’t drink and drive and much love. You can continue to drop those emails to [email protected] or call at 225-8491.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:47 , Processed in 0.075682 second(s), 26 queries .