9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-18 07:19:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
When last week began, Andrew Abbensetts, Kenroy Robinson, and Esther Eusebio were leading somewhat normal lives for young adults in Guyana. Each day, Andrew would head further into the interior where he worked as a foreman for his father’s mining company while Kenroy and Esther would do their chores around their homes, helping out where necessary.(Left to right) Andrew Abbensetts,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China Online, Esther Eusebio, and Kenroy Robinson will participate in a four year apprenticeship programme with the Guyana Power and Light Inc.Little did they know that by the end of the week,NFL Jerseys Outlet, they would be preparing to leave their communities and families behind to participate in a four-year apprenticeship programme with Guyana Power and Light Inc.The trio all hail from the Upper-Takutu-Upper Essequibo Region (Region Nine). Andrew, 17, is from Tabatinga; Kenroy,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, 19,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale, is from St. Ignatius; while Esther, 17,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, has her roots in Shulinab Village.The youngsters were the three selected from their Region as part of an initiative sparked by the Lethem Power Company (LMPC), in conjunction with the education officers of Region Nine.The programme is one of training and development; Andrew, Kenroy, and Esther will be trained in mechanical and electrical technologies to not only facilitate their professional developments but also to enhance LMPC’s technical skills capacity as well as develop the Region as a whole.For the group of youths, the opportunity is a golden one for them to pursue something they had always been interested in.For each, the apprenticeship came as a complete surprise. They were all contacted by someone they knew within the education system. At the time, educators within the Region were looking for recent graduates with lots of potential in the electricity sector.Andrew was contacted by his former headmistress from Aishalton Secondary School; Esther also received a call from her former headmistress from St. Ignatius Secondary while Kenroy heard of the opportunity through his cousin, an educator within the region.They were all asked if they were interested in the programme and they all responded with enthusiasm. From there,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, everything was a whirlwind of activity. Just days after receiving and accepting their offers, the youths were in Georgetown. They were being acquainted with their new place of employ.It was a somewhat difficult experience for them,NFL Jerseys Supply, with much to do – including making travel and accommodation arrangements – in a short period of time.“It was really tough; we didn’t have much time to organise,” Esther said.However, they all believe it would be worth it. For Esther, the opportunity is not only one to develop herself but to send a staunch message. “Most of my female colleagues don’t have aims or interests in this sort of work. What pushed me is that not many women were in this field,” Esther said.She said,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, too, that during her recent visit to GPL, she met five other women in the field. This buoyed her confidence and made her eager for what the next four years have in store.She added that the support of her family also gave her confidence. “They pushed me to take up the apprenticeship offer. I know I am going to miss them though.”Kenroy said that he would also miss his family but he is already mentally prepared for what lies ahead. “Working in this field was always my aim, since I was in school, so I’m ready.”For Andrew, the apprenticeship is his chance to step outside the box. “I wanted to do something different from what everyone else was doing. I always like being unique in my own way,” he said.For the next four years, they will gain both theoretical and practical training. For the first three years, the training will take place primarily in Georgetown, with the fourth and final year of training occurring at the LMPC Power System in Lethem.The trio will begin training on Monday February 22, 2016. Though they all admitted to being nervous, they also shared that they were excited to see where their journey takes them.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 21:17 , Processed in 0.073115 second(s), 26 queries .