10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-21 10:42:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Ralph SeeramA few articles ago I wrote about the possibility of the PPP losing the next elections. A key argument in that piece was the fact that there is going to be a new generation of voters who were born and grew up under the PPP administration. Some may have born a few years before 1992 but never the less, only know of the PPP Government.This group I mentioned will pose a problem for the PPP. No one with certainty can say how these young people will vote. They did not grow up or experience the PNC era of dictatorship,Russ Smith Louisville Jersey, therefore the PPP cannot assume that they will vote overwhelming for them.This group will judge the PPP on its performance. Obviously the President has a lot to show for their years in office and will no doubt highlight those achievements in the coming elections, but make no mistake, the opposition will launch an all out attack on the ruling party citing many of the problems that have been highlighted by this newspaper. Readers of Kaieteur News,Maryland Terrapins Jerseys, I am sure,Kansas State Wildcats Jerseys, are familiar with those problems and dissatisfaction with PPP. This is going to be one of the dirtiest elections ever, there will be so much “mudslinging” and character assassinations the likes Guyana has never seen.I mentioned this because of a recent speech by President Bharrat Jagdeo in which he urged his older supporters to enlighten the younger voters of how it was under the PNC administration.Obviously the importance of these new voters has not been lost by the PPP. For the President to make that appeal, suggests to me that the PPP is worried about how this new group of voters will cast their ballots. If the PPP thinks it is going to win the election by beating on the PNC for their years of dictatorship, it is mistaken.The People’s Progressive Party would have been in power for nineteen years; it will have to stand on their performance and not on the PNC’s. Guyanese will be more concerned about their living conditions today; they are concerned about the problems that affect their daily lives today,Morris Claiborne LSU Jersey, not what happened twenty-years ago.Ironically, the PNC did not help its cause by electing Mr. Granger as its Presidential candidate. Mr. Granger is not a creditable candidate; he cannot win an election, and the PPP has already begun digging up on his role in fraudulent elections in the seventies. While he may reinvigorate the PNC base it will at the same time keep away those independent or crossover voters who feel he had a role in those fraudulent elections.The PNC should have elected someone who could win cross over votes; maybe the strategy is to deny the PPP a 50% vote by working with the opposition, where if the PNC succeeds, will give it a commanding position in forming a coalition Government.While the PNC may have decided that its course of action for the upcoming elections, the PPP has yet to start. Facing an unprecedented situation, the PPP seems to be struggling to come up with a Presidential candidate.It is clear that there are some infighting going on between the older stalwarts and some in the current administration. While the party is interviewing candidates for the position it is yet to announce the solution to a crucial sticking point.  Will there be a secret vote to elect the new candidate for president?”People in the Diaspora wondered why this is an issue. It goes without saying that a secret vote is the best and most secure way to ensure one votes for the person of his choice without fear or favour.I think those who argue for a show of hands are afraid that Ralph Ramkarran will win under secret balloting. I said this before some weeks ago. The PPP has to be very careful here, choosing the wrong candidate can cost the party the elections.Voting by race did not give the PPP a 54 per cent majority. Despite what some may argue the PPP got cross over votes,Denard Robinson Michigan Jersey, as well as votes from independents. The party had a great candidate in President Jagdeo, but Jagdeo will not be the PPP point man this time; he is riding away with his lifetime pension to Pradoville 2.Rohee,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Gail and Ramotar cannot pull it off. I repeat, the PPP base alone cannot win the election. Those three cannot pull the extra votes. In my view only Ralph Ramkarran can do the job. Personally I think he is credible,Kansas Jayhawks Jerseys, he would be fair and would certainly try to repair the image of the PPP especially in the Diaspora.I think he will reach out to the opposition and will get their respect and cooperation. He certainly does not want the job for the money; he has already made his. I am sure he would do as what Cheddi Jagan would have done,LSU Tigers Jerseys, stamp out corruption in government. You can say a lot of thing about Jagan,Jalen Rose Michigan Jersey, but I cannot recall anyone say that he was corrupt.Ralph Seeram can be reached at Email: [email protected]
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 17:14 , Processed in 0.129767 second(s), 28 queries .