10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-23 07:08:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
At the relatively young age of 55, Anthony Lieu Ken Pen feels that half of his life has been snatched from him. The ability to earn and make a valuable contribution to society has also been lost to him.These days Lieu Ken Pen,Ty Montgomery Packers Jersey UK, popularly known as Terry, has become more morose, swamped in a state of depression that to him is inescapable, given the fact that he has only one arm and finds it difficult to perform even the most mundane task.Anthony Lieu Ken Pen“Right now I can’t even peel an orange for me self, the simplest things I can’t even do. I have to pay people to do just about everything for me. At this point I can barely afford that, because I’m not working and my meager resources are hardly adequate,” he laments.Terry was involved in a tragic accident four years ago at Iwokrama,Chris Hogan Patriots Jersey UK, where he worked as a contract driver. His right arm was torn off,Grady Jarrett  Falcons Jersey UK, he said, after another truck swerved into his lane and slammed into his vehicle.On the day in question, March19, 2008 Terry said he was at work at Field Station Kurupakari, driving the vehicle DPL 3010, which was owned by Iwokrama.At the time he was reportedly working at the butterfly unit of Iwokrama and had been sent to do purchasing.The accident occurred in the Iwokrama Forest Reserve, involving motor lorry GEE 9246 owned by one Terrence Crawford of Friendship, East Bank Demerara.“The truck was in the wrong lane- it was in my lane; I was negotiating a left turn, approaching from the south. I know when I got the impact, but then I lose consciousness. When I regained consciousness, I tried to free myself from the vehicle.“And you know I trying to ease me self out of the vehicle and I just turn around and saw the bones sticking out from my right arm, just below my shoulder,Rod Woodson Steelers Jersey UK, and my arm was off-that was the most terrible thing to watch. When I looked down, my arm was on the road and the whole one side of the vehicle was ripped away.”“On the other side, I saw the vehicle that was responsible turned over on its side,” he added.Terry said that he was air dashed to Georgetown where he was admitted to the St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.He claims that Iwokrama only paid a part of his hospital bill; he had to pay the rest.“The only thing that Iwokrama did after that accident, apart from paying a part of my medical bill,James White Patriots Jersey UK, was to give me one month’s salary,Greg Lloyd Steelers Jersey UK, while I was in hospital and a return trip to Lethem, where I had to attend court, as the accident occurred in that jurisdiction.“At present, I still have to attend court in Lethem-and the return trip is $24,000-plus. I have to find meals and accommodation. This is a tremendous financial burden on me, because I’m not working. I cannot work, but yet I have to find this money to go to court.“Many times when I call the Iwokrama Head Office in Georgetown, the CEO is always in a meeting, or not in and his Secretary always assures me that he will call me back, but he never does. He probably did like one or two times, and that was it.”Now severely handicapped,Matt Ryan Falcons Jersey UK, Terry said that he spent several months at home convalescing. He had to learn to do some of the simpler things with his left hand; but there were other things that required two arms. Those he couldn’t do. That called for a lot of adjustments, he said, including hiring somebody to assist him around the house.“I have to pay to do a lot of things. I can’t even peel a potato, or cut up onions-I have to pay to get all of that done.“The accident also resulted in me suffering two broken ribs and torn ligaments. Presently I can neither stand nor sit for long because of the pains. When I sit down I have to brace my back and slide on my behind to be a little comfortable. This is hard- it is really hard,Martellus Bennett Patriots Jersey UK, and the thing is, I’m living alone,Devonta Freeman Falcons Jersey UK, so you can imagine how difficult things can get.“So right now I need these people to do something. Four years of suffering like this is too much-I cannot continue like this!’ Terry declared.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 08:19 , Processed in 0.072453 second(s), 26 queries .