10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-25 02:47:48 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A small scale miner is up in arms over what he described as bullyism by a claim holder who he believes is receiving the backings of the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission.Mickalow Pompey, 45, is now questioning why he is not receiving support from the Guyana Gold and Diamond Miners’ Association (GGDMA).Pompey, who was granted permission to operate a dredge on block #M-2455/MP/000 by the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) for the period of May 17th, 2015 to May 16th, 2016, is alleging that his permit was disregarded and his mining operation sabotaged by the claim owner, causing him to lose income.It all started when he came across the land,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, an island in the Mazaruni River in September of 2014. At the time the land was only linked to logging and not mining.Pompey nevertheless went ahead and began prospecting for gold on the said land.According to a source,Cheap NFL Jerseys, a mining permit is not needed to prospect for gold. It is understood that after gold is determined to exist, the prospector’s next option is to negotiate with the claim holder and work out the percentage of royalty to be paid.Pompey said that he was subsequently granted permission to operate and he began making much gold.Pompey was subsequently approached by the claim holder, who had found out that he had struck gold.The claim holder’s sister and brother-in-law also entered the fray, subsequently bringing three dredges alongside his to mine on land which Pompey had initially excavated.Despite this, Pompey said that his single dredge continued to churn out more gold than the other encroachers owing to his experience in mining in such areas. This fact apparently frustrated the claim holder’s sister and the victimization increased.“There were a lot of (disputes) but I wasn’t backing off,” Pompey said. “So they decided to bring an excavator and come to me to say that they want the place to roll back (excavate) some stuff and I have to move. I asked, well ‘where you putting me?’ and he said he has somewhere good to put me. So I asked if you have (this place) why not put your dredge there?”Despite promises of being provided with fuel and a spot to operate, Pompey rebuffed the proposals. He stated that after this, he was told “You do what you have to do and I will do what I have to do.”“So when I wasn’t there, he came with two excavators and load back stuff (overburden earth) on seven workers who were working in the pit,” Pompey said.According to Pompey, this happened on Sat. 10th October. After this move,NFL Jerseys Outlet, he alleged that he was contacted by the claim holder requesting that he take up the previous offer of another claim to mine.  He again refused and two days later he made reports to the GGMC.Cease work orderPompey explained that after GGMC’s mediation in the matter, the claim holder was instructed to clean out the pit of the overburden so that he could work. However, for some strange reason, the GGMC,Wholesale Jerseys USA, citing safety concerns caused by the overburden that was backed up near the mining site,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, issued Pompey with a cease work order on October 16th until safety regulations could be verified.But although Pompey had to stop work, the claim holder who was operating nearby continued to mine. Additionally,wholeslae cheap nfl jerseys china, despite the GGMC’s instruction that the claim holder clear Pompey’s pit of the overburden he had dumped there, to facilitate a resumption of work, this was not done.Pompey reported this disregard for the GGMC’S instructions and a cease work order was then issued to all the parties on the land.However Pompey pointed out that despite the cease order, work is being done in his tormentors’ camp when the GGMC Wardens are not around. He said that whenever he made a report to GGMC, there were only promises that a team of Wardens would be sent to catch them in the act.He stated that during a meeting with GGMC officials and the claim holder’s sister on October 22nd to mediate the matter, he accused her of the dishonest practice.“(She says) how I can prove that. My workers are right there seeing (what is going on). They can just stand up and watch my dredge working from my camp.”Pompey has since signaled his intention of getting legal representation. Among damages he envisions seeking is for the lengthy down time (time spent not working) incurred.LandlordismLandlordism is the practice whereby the holder of a mining licence would rent their land to smaller miners in return for a percentage of proceeds from the activities. However the regulations reportedly do not cater for such a practiceA Management and Systems Review report undertaken on GGMC’s mines, land management and geological services highlighted the evidence of rampant landlordism as one of the many irregularities it found in the sector. The report was prepared by Dr. Grantley Walrond, L.J.L Heesterman and J. Goolsarran.One detrimental effect of this practice is the unfair and discriminatory practices taken by landlords against these small miners who operate on this land and the fact that the tenants are practically held at ransom.Among the things the review called for was reforms to be made in order to create a level playing field, with little land being made available for local small miners.Pompey’s is not the only case of a victimized gold miner pushing back by speaking out. On May 10th mining land in Konawaruk, District H45 being operated by gold miners Mario and Aliesha Figueria was invaded by gun toting security guards from Tessouro Mining Company,Cheap Jerseys Store, a rival mining concern on whose land they were prospecting,Cheap Jerseys, allegedly in a bid to get them to vacate the claim.In the ensuing fracas, millions of dollars worth of equipment was shot up and an operator shot in the head. After seeking the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), charges were recommended.The matter is currently before the Mahdia Magistrate’s court, with the alleged gun men, Jason and Quincy Critchlow, Troy Pellew and Godfrey Christmas, facing several charges but out on bail.“Let the Government know that small miners are going and excavate for people and they are being bullied,” Mario Figueria said in an invited comment, stressing that more attention must come to bear on landlordism as there are many other victimized miners out there.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:50 , Processed in 0.071370 second(s), 26 queries .