10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-25 12:08:18 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
(By Mondale Smith and Brushell Blackman)The losses from Friday night’s Regent Street blaze are believed to be in excess of $100 M and while Shaheed Hamid and family are aggrieved, the man says that he will be retaining his staff “to do other things.”Yesterday, he met with Fire Chief Marlon Gentle.At the site, both he and his wife who owned the adjoining boutique were at the scene and on occasions would be embraced by various other business owners. One business man was heard saying to Hamid that whatever he wanted by way of assistance he should not be afraid to say and he will get it.Hamid was also heard telling a curious friend that “(the fire) started from the electric wire and run to the building…is electrical.”The only house destroyed by the fire was a 142 Regent Street cottage aback of the DM Beauty World building. Owned by pensioner,Wholesale Jerseys USA, Rudolph Montouth, 68, the cottage was hemmed in by the extensively long Household Plus Building and DM sales.The elderly man was a few doors away when he got the news that fire was near his home. Standing on Regent Street he recalled, “When I get here the whole place was in flames and I couldn’t go in.”He was not sure that his house was destroyed and when it was confirmed he said,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, “If that is the case then everything I own gone.” Yesterday neighbours could not pinpoint his whereabouts but he has sought temporary abode with relatives.Meanwhile, another pensioner, Iris Lee, 79,Cheap Jerseys, who owned the house at the front of the lot is also staying with relatives after her home was partly destroyed by the fire. She was at home when the residents raised the alarm.She was at first reluctant to leave her building. However,Cheap Jerseys Store, according to reports, when the heat from the burning DM Beauty World building became too much for her she was evacuated. The eastern wall of her house was scorched while part of the roof was destroyed as well as most of the windows to her house.The house also has extensive water damage and from the look of things yesterday,wholeslae cheap nfl jerseys china, it remains uninhabitable until repairs are executed.While the criticisms were few, the praises for the police and the fire service ranks are many for a job that some dubbed as ‘real police and fire service work.’ The general contention was that they were mostly efficient in staving off major looting and against the breeze to save the rest of the block from going up in flames.Fire victim forcedto stay at hotelAlthough Susan D’ Anjou’s house was not destroyed, but scorched by the inferno, the water damage to her furniture, bed and other essential household items has forced her to “put up” at a hotel for now.On the day of the fire she was washing at home when she noticed plumes of smoke emanating from the DM Sales Beauty Store. The woman who shares the home with her two daughters and a cousin, said “I am grateful to a friend, who paid for me to stay at the hotel”.Lamenting the cost of the hotel services, she said she may be staying at an uncle if she decides against staying at the hotel for another night. The woman,Cheap NFL Jerseys, who has been living at the Regent Street address for over 20 years, is grateful to the fire service and public spirited citizens for saving her house.When the fire threatened,NFL Jerseys Outlet, two staffers at the Dr. Nicholas McLean Animal Hospital evacuated eight dogs and a cat that were in their care. Those were transported to the GSPCA and were yesterday returned to the hospital location.“Kathryn McLean, the hospital owner’s wife, amidst pointing to the water damage and the scorched wall of the hospital said “God is good; we didn’t lose much to the fire and thanks to the police we had no looting. The animals are little shaken but they are okay.”As persons assisted in sweeping and cleaning her building she noted that as a result of the fire the hospital is out of electricity,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, water and telephone service; basic necessities to continue work. It will remain closed until next week.She says minor repairs will have to be done to the building which is insured.She noted that Christopher Perkins, a technician, not only evacuated the animals from the hospital but went back to the scene and joined in fighting the fire. He injured his shoulder while climbing atop the hospital roof with the fire service water hose and fought off the flames that were threatening to engulf the hospital building.As the fire blazed on Friday night Perkins recounted: “I started helping two firemen and one ask me if I know how to handle the hose and as soon as I say ‘yes they disappear and left me alone with it.”With no other choice and determination to saved the building, he temporarily dropped the hose and sought help from a lad. “I take off me jersey and soak he skin with the hose and we start dousing the flames.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 08:49 , Processed in 0.071346 second(s), 28 queries .