10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-26 21:35:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Leather… leather what? Leather slipper, leather wallet,Kansas Jayhawks Jerseys, leather bag? The list can go on and on. As one manufacturer of leather products,Ben Simmons LSU Jersey, Richard Singh, said about the material, “Belt, bags, wallets, you name it. Anything that the mind can conceive, it can make”.“Leather crafting is one of the oldest trades around,” the tradesman said. Referring to his time spent in Trinidad, where he acquired a wealth of knowledge about the craft,Michigan Wolverines Jerseys, Singh said that the people called footwear made from leather “Jesus sandals” since they existed even at the time when Jesus walked the earth.Finished productSadly, the tradesman expressed grief that the trade is a dying one. He is concerned that when the few who are in the field are gone, that might be it. He thinks that no one is interested enough in what he described as a “beautiful, beautiful trade” and where the possibilities are endless.Not only can the products be made to align with the latest fashion trends, but they can also withstand the test of ‘wear and tear’ significantly better than products made from other materials.Singh said that he is concerned about those who are “not making it academically, those who end up on the streets doing nothing.” He said that these are the persons that he is trying to reach with this trade in order for it to be preserved. “I do not want to die with my knowledge… It is a sin to die with your knowledge”.Singh explained that the process of creating leather products is quite simple. The first step is to acquire the material itself. He spoke of the ‘tanning’ process where raw animal skin, referred to as ‘hide’; be it from cows, sheep or goats,Jim Harbaugh Michigan Jersey, is processed into leather. Skin from alligators and snakes can also be used. He said that the process takes about six weeks and entails ridding the raw skin of hair, pieces of flesh and fat. The end product resembles a flattened cardboard box but is more rigid.The next step requires cutting the rigid material down to the size and shape of the product which the tradesperson is preparing to make. A ‘clicker press’ uses a mold to guide it when cutting the leather into the required shape. The mold would, most naturally, carry the identical shape of the piece of leather that had been cut. The designing stage comes next where handmade ‘stamps’, which carry intricate patterns, are pressed onto the leather surface to create an imprint.Raw cow hide processed into leather.Next, the product is stained into whatever colour is desired, be it pink, green,Russ Smith Louisville Jersey, yellow or the three combined,Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys, using leather stains. Perhaps at this point,Wholesale China Jerseys, items such as belts are ready for the market. However, with footwear, the process continues where the rubber sole has to be pasted on and the edges sanded and stained to even out the colour, then it is polished.“It is as simple as that,” the tradesman said. He said that the fact that he can work at home makes the job even more enjoyable. “Everything that I have, my vehicle,Devin Gardner Michigan Jersey, my house, everything; it’s my trade that gave it to me. I am even educating my son with it… And I am in my backyard working.”Most of all, he benefits from a satisfactory turnover. He even said that at times the demand for his products is more than he can supply since almost every material that is utilised in the production process can be accessed locally.The Rowley family is also one to benefit from the locally made artifacts. Lloyd Rowley, owner of a stall which markets primarily leather products, said that during the 60 years that he has been in the marketing business, he quickly identified leather products to be of great demand.He said that he finds the quality of leather products to be much more durable than that of imported products made from other materials. The business man explained that he is one of the first persons that started the marketing of locally made leather products in Georgetown which has since been a success.Currently,Skal Labissiere Kentucky Jersey, Rowley and his two sons are working to preserve the family business.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 04:29 , Processed in 0.068308 second(s), 26 queries .