10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-28 11:51:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A letter of termination has been served to yet another employee of the Ministry of Human Services and Social Security’s Child Protection Agency following investigations into the tragic Neesa Gopaul case.The mutilated body of 16-year-old Gopaul, a Queen’s College student,LSU Tigers Jerseys, was found stuffed into a suitcase which was anchored with weightlifting mechanisms in a creek near the Emerald Tower Resort on the Linden/Soesdyke Highway.The Child Protection Agency’s handling of the matter had gained the attention of the Public Service Commission (PSC) and this newspaper was reliably informed yesterday that one of the three officers who may have failed to undertake their duties effectively as it relates to the case, was served with a letter of termination on Tuesday. That terminatiion was set to take effect yesterday.Reports reaching this newspaper had suggested that the decision to terminate the officer had enraged other staff members and was the basis for them to leave the agency unmanned yesterday morning.However, when this newspaper visited the Agency yesterday,Denzel Valentine Michigan State Jersey, work appeared to be continuing normally. This was backed by comments offered by the Minister with responsibility for the Agency, Priya Manickchand.Speaking to media operatives outside her office Manickchand said that she was not in receipt of any information suggesting that staff members had left or were planning to leave the Agency unmanned.“I don’t have any information that anybody had left the Agency. The Child Protection Agency is up and running,” she asserted yesterday.Emanating from the now infamous Neesa Gopaul case, an internal investigation was undertaken within the Ministry. At the end of the investigation certain recommendations were made.And according to Manickchand since the recommendations for disciplinary action were against public service employees they were forwarded to the PSC which has the responsibility for hiring or firing or meting out other disciplinary action to officers within the Agency.“I know that they were investigating but of course we weren’t a part of that investigation. I just knew because they had sent for records and staff…” Manickchand revealed yesterday that she has since learned from the Director of Social Services, Mr Whentworth Tanner, that the PSC has since acted,John Calipari Kentucky Jersey, based on its investigation.“What they might have done was to either come up with their own disciplinary measures or follow the recommendations that we made….So you may have been hearing from a disgruntled employee…”But despite the recent concerns that have surfaced,Patrick Peterson LSU Jersey, the Minister stressed that she is extremely proud of the work done by the Child Protection Agency.According to her since it commenced operation,Trey Burke Michigan Jersey, the Agency has had over 3,000 successful interventions for the children of Guyana. “I am very, very happy about the quality of work that has been done…Having said that, indolence is not going to be tolerated because when that happens it is our children that are at risk and so there is always going to be an effort to get the best staff and we will have to insist on the highest standard.“If there are people who are unhappy with that,Lower Merion Jerseys, in terms of staff,Michael Ford LSU Jersey, then perhaps they would need to find employment elsewhere.”The dismissal of staffers however,Rueben Randle LSU Jersey, will not hamper the current “fantastic” operation of the Agency, since according to the Minister a recent advertisement was placed for suitable applicants to apply for a number of positions within the Child Care Protection Agency.This, she said,John Wall Kentucky Jersey, is likely to see the staff of the Agency being quadrupled once the hiring process is completed. The need to improve the capacity of the Agency comes as a result of a detailed study that was done following the internal investigation into the Neesa Gopaul case.“We know this case was about capacity. We became a mature agency so quickly because of the need so we have to increase our capacity. The building that is being refurbished to house the Agency is almost finished, it has to be painted; we are haggling a little about the colours we are going to use because we want to make it child friendly in every respect.”In the meantime, the Minister noted that the Ministry is well on its way to fixing things that may have been wrong and could have contributed to the errors made in the Neesa Gopaul matter.“The fact that an officer comes to the Agency and says to me that his or her heart is in the right place…But sometimes that alone is not enough…I have a duty and while I may like them (officers) I have a duty to ensure that we have a quality and a standard that meets the needs of our children.”In response to a potential industrial action, the Minister asserted that measures will be put in place to ensure that the Agency is not held to ransom even as she assured that the current operation will not be compromised.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:27 , Processed in 0.074905 second(s), 28 queries .