9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-2 11:15:54 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
GARRISON ROAD, FORT CANJE – Nine workers at the New Amsterdam Technical Institute entered their fourth day on ‘sit out’, yesterday.The workers have not been confirmed as permanent members of staff after several years of service. Among them are ancillary, technician, janitor, labourer, and librarian.Among the benefits these persons are deprived of, are increased remuneration packages, pension plan, leave passage, and the 21-day vacation.Their protest action commenced on May 6, last, when they staged a ‘go slow’ that ended on May 8,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, after the Board of Governors for the New Amsterdam Technical Institute appealed to them to be patient.The disgruntled staff waited a few weeks but their plight remained unchanged.Their predicament was first brought to the attention of the officials at the Personnel Department of the Ministry of Education in 1998. They were informed back then that there was a general freeze on employment. With that they continued to work as normal very hopeful the state of affairs would change soon.Last year a document,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China Online, signed by the nine affected persons, was sent to the Chairman of the New Amsterdam Technical Institute Board of Governors. The letter stated, inter alia,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, their concerns, what they are hoping for, and the need for quick action.Last April, the group wrote to no lesser person than President Bharrat Jagdeo and to the Ministry of Education but to no avail.The workers claimed that even if they are placed on the fixed establishment, their payment would not be retroactive.So far classes at the institution have not been directly affected but yesterday, a worker indicated that the situation has started to have an effect on the students. “The rooms are dirty; the washrooms are smelling. The students cannot get access to the library and the Guyana Technical Education Examination will commence in a few days. Another thing is that, whenever there is an entrance test, the ancillary staff is responsible for the preparation and all four of them are on sit-out. Tomorrow (Friday) a number of students are to sit the entrance examination.”Mrs. Veretta Benn,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, a 53-year old cleaner,NFL Jerseys Supply, has 27 years of service at the New Amsterdam Technical Institute and is still a temporary staff., “I have never enjoyed a benefit…leave passage or so. I am coming off in May 2011 and I want to know what would happen to me.”Mrs. Benn sustained an injury on the job and this has affected her gait. “I now have a knee problem. I never got any benefits. Is that fair to me? I wrote a letter to the President in April this year.”Judy Benjamin, who now performs as General Clerk, Accounts Clerk, and Senior Clerk, joined the staff in 1993 as an office assistant. In 1998 she began to act in the capacity of general clerk and has not been confirmed to date. “If they bring persons on board, it means they do not want our service.“Rather than bringing new persons to fill those vacancies take us…we are already here; we are competent. We have been here for so many years.”With 11 years of service, Michelle Lampkin, a Clerk,NFL Jerseys Outlet, said that the New Amsterdam Technical Institute Board of Governors came into existence in 2006. So far they, the temporary staff,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale, have been receiving tremendous support from this body.According to Ms. Lampkin, vacancies were advertised and in 2007 persons were employed on the permanent staff. “We are here all these years doing the work…giving of our best and we are not on the fixed establishment. Persons just came and they are enjoying the benefits as public servants.”Sharon Straker is the Librarian with 16 years of service. “I am still temporary. I am not getting any benefits; leave passage or anything and only 14 days annual leave I receive. When you are confirmed as permanent staff you enjoy 21 days annual leave.”Soorsattie Singh has been the charwoman for ten years and her story is no different. “I would like to be on the fixed establishment. I want to come off (retire) with something.”Sharmilla Ramdass is another charwoman. “I am here for eight years and that is not fair to me…this is discrimination. They (new staff) just come and they are permanent. I think the nine of us should all be placed on the permanent staff.”Dindyal Sookram is an Auto Technician 1. “I have been employed for eight years and still cannot enjoy the advantages of being on the fixed establishment, and I am doing the job. That does no good for my morale. I am calling on the relevant authorities to look into the matter.”Sookram produced a proposal from the Principal of the institution,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, Ronald Simon, which was said to have been submitted to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education in 2002 for him to be confirmed a permanent member of staff. To date the situation remains unchanged.The protesting workers cited the dilemma of the former storekeeper Vibert Blair. “He had 34 years of service and was still temporary. In 2008 he collected a letter from the School Board Secretariat informing him that he had to go with immediate effect because he had attained the age of 60. He had no benefits!”Yesterday, efforts to contact the head of the New Amsterdam Technical Institute Board of Governors were unsuccessful.(Melissa Johnson)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 22:21 , Processed in 0.058862 second(s), 26 queries .