主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-6-30 06:38:09 | 顯示全部樓層

College Jerseys

"We know it's a long season," Mathis said. "We know we have a long ways to go. We also know if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we'll be smiling at the end of the day."
Considering the Lions' reputation as a team that starts fast and falters down the stretch, the latest 3-1 start is less about what they've done and more about how they've done it.
"You have a group of guys with enough leaders that have sort of taken that cause on themselves to make certain that they don't do it on a consistent basis."
It wasn't the first indication that things are changing under Caldwell, who places a heavy emphasis on situational awareness.
"If anybody should know better than to get caught looking ahead, it's us," running back Reggie Bush said. "Last year is a perfect example of that."
Caldwell was talking about seemingly minor plays or issues that have hurt Detroit in the past.
However, the poise and savvy the Lions displayed in the fourth quarter against the Jets was a promising sign entering Sunday's home game against Buffalo (2-2).
One example is Bush's 16-yard carry on second-and-5 during the Lions' victory-clinching drive.
"(That) was as big of a play as there was in the ballgame,Cheap Arizona Diamondbacks Hoodies," Caldwell said. "If he runs out of bounds in that situation,Cheap Atlanta Braves Hoodies, it saves them a timeout and it changes the whole dynamic of what we're trying to get done."
Detroit was also without tight end Joseph Fauria, who suffered an unusual ankle injury.
With Chicago, Green Bay and Minnesota all at 2-2,World Baseball Classic Jerseys 2017, the Lions understand better than most that a one-game division lead doesn't mean much in September.
"Our team does have some grit," Caldwell said. "We were able to close it out and I think that's extremely important."
Now the focus shifts to a Bills team that announced Monday it will bench starting quarterback EJ Manuel in favor of veteran backup Kyle Orton, who is 4-0 against Detroit.
Detroit was alone in first place entering Week 10 last season, and squandered the division lead and failed to make the playoffs.
It's still too early to know if Detroit has turned the corner under first-year coach Jim Caldwell in 2014.
One week earlier, Detroit's offense held the ball for the final 6:54 of a 19-7 home win over Green Bay.
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — For the second straight season, Detroit Lions are off to a 3-1 start.
The Lions are also in sole possession of first place in the NFC North after a 24-17 win at the New York Jets on Sunday.
Bush made sure to stay inbounds after picking up a first down, forcing the Jets to take their second timeout with 2:38 remaining.

"(My dog) did something bad and ran away from me," Fauria said Monday. "I wasn't running down the stairs, but I was going a little faster than usual and I missed the last two steps."
Detroit's defense has given up 267.2 yards per game, best in the NFL, and the offense had 272 yards passing against the Jets with an injured Calvin Johnson getting just two catches for 12 yards.
Rookie tight end Eric Ebron, a first-round draft pick,College Jerseys, had four catches and a 16-yard touchdown reception against the Jets in Fauria's absence.
"To see the offense seal the deal, it's the best drive in football,Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys," cornerback Rashean Mathis said. "It's the best feeling in the world for a defensive guy, especially after you've played a hard defensive game."
"I think you have a number of guys that understand what the situation is and understand the problems they've had maybe previously in some situations,Evan Engram Jersey," Caldwell said Monday.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:16 , Processed in 0.082317 second(s), 26 queries .