4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-4 03:46:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) has recorded yet another maternal death. Dead is 41-year-old, Carol Bollers, of Festival City, South Ruimveldt.The mother of two, who was less than five months’ pregnant, was admitted to the hospital on Monday. According to a press release issued by the institution’s Public Relations Officer (PRO) Sabatini Daniels, the woman died on Wednesday.The release stated that the woman had visited the Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit of the GPHC, complaining of abdominal pain.The woman’s husband, Robert Greaves, said that on Monday, he went home from a business errand around 3:00pm and found his wife “covered up and cloaked up by the backdoor” of their home. When he enquired about the reason for her being in that position, she told him that she was feeling cold and that sitting in the sun felt comfortable.Dead: Carol BollersThe man said, not taking it for anything, he left home and returned around 18:30hrs, this time only to find his wife dressed and rolling on the floor in excruciating pain. He immediately rushed her to the GPHC, A&E Unit where she was admitted.He recalled the last time he spoke to his wife was in the A&E area where she was taking oxygen. Considering the fact that the couple had two young children at home, he left the hospital to attend to them.The following morning (Tuesday), around 9:00am, when he returned to the hospital,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, he was not able to see her, and was told that the doctors were attending to her. Sometime before lunch that day he returned to the hospital and was told that his wife was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Immediately he began questioning why she was there. It was not until that query that he was told his wife had undergone a surgery to remove her uterus. According to him, the doctors claimed that the woman was bleeding profusely and the surgery was to stop the bleeding, however, the bleeding did not cease.In tears, the man reminisced on seeing his wife lying “like a dead woman” with tubes attached to her.He said that the doctors had told him that she appeared lifeless because they had to “paralyze her due to the profuse bleeding.”The man has since expressed his displeasure at the hospital’s decision to operate on his wife without his permission.“Is just so you does cut people family without permission? They called me early Wednesday morning to tell me she passed away… Why couldn’t they have called me the same way to seek my permission to cut her…I would have gone down there immediately” lamented Greaves as he wept bitterly.Robert GreavesHe described his reputed wife as a “very loving woman” whom he loved dearly.Greaves is adamant that the hospital is responsible for his wife’s death and he has also accused the practitioners of being untruthful to him in relation to the time in which his wife passed away. “I carried a woman good with just a back pain and by the time I turn my back she dead… They kill my wife, they kill her. Since Tuesday, she died and they didn’t declare her dead till Wednesday” were the words of Greaves, as he continued to break down in tears.The man opined that the number of maternal deaths and medical deaths due to the negligence and malpractice of health practitioners are unbecoming in Guyana and it must end. He has signaled his intentions to take the necessary actions to get justice for his wife.The press release by the GPHC had stated that while the woman was admitted, she was treated for spontaneous ruptured membrane. The hospital has expressed its condolences to the bereaved family of the deceased mother. A Post Mortem examination is to be performed today.Just last month the hospital had recorded a maternal death. Twenty year-old Yonette Williams-Grey passed away after a C-section on May 10, last. The results from the post mortem which was performed by Dr. Nehaul Singh, at GPHC, revealed that the young mother had died from compound lung distress and hypertension (high blood pressure).The first-time mother, who was 37 weeks pregnant, was transferred to GPHC from the Suddie Hospital after doctors had performed emergency operation on her.According to initial reports, the woman’s medical condition was compounded by poor attendance by nurses at the Oscar Joseph Hospital at Charity.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:54 , Processed in 0.063684 second(s), 26 queries .