9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-5 07:41:11 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
These days, Lindie Mendonca views lightning and thunder with much more awe and some amount of trepidation.Now the fierce flashes of lightning, and ear splitting claps of thunder, that seem to have become more prevalent in this region will forever remind her of her near death experience, almost a year ago.The day had begun as usual,Tom Brady Michigan Jersey, bright and sunny. So after completing some household chores, Lindie decided to do the family laundry.For this West Watooka woman, laundering meant taking the piles of dirty clothes, down to the nearby riverside.After she had finished that task, the next step was of course to hang the laundry out to dry.Lindie was however never able to complete that chore.“I had just started to hang out (the clothing),Louisville Cardinals Jerseys, when the clouds suddenly became dark, and all I see was this terrible blinding flash. At the time I was about to hang out another piece, but as soon as my hand touch the line, I was hit by a force I can’t describe.”Lindie was hurled off her feet, and fell crumpled to the ground, as she lost consciousness.“When I regained consciousness, I was in the hospital, where my husband had taken me.My entire right side felt dead, like I was paralyzed-I couldn’t feel anything on that side.”She would spend several days in the hospital recuperating; then later had to join the physiotherapy department, where she had to learn to walk all over again.“I became like a baby ; my daughter had to everything for me- bathe me, dress me and everything. It was bad, I never thought I would walk again, and there were times that I felt like giving up, and I thought that I would die.”But Lindie would survive, and after a few months of grueling therapy,Malik Monk Kentucky Jersey, she would walk again.“At first I felt like a baby taking its first steps, but I persevered and today I can walk again.”Lindie still experiences some pain on her right side, and can no longer walk long distances like she used to,Odell Beckham LSU Jersey, but she is forever thankful to God, for sparing her life.“I think he spared my life because, a few years before my accident, I actually saved the lives of two persons.You remember when that boat capsized during that fun day at the Watooka Club?Well, I was the person that saved a woman and a teenager.That afternoon,Andrew Wiggins Kansas Jersey, as the fun day was in full swing, I was washing clothes by the river.I saw the boat when it took the people out for the ride, and then just as suddenly it turned over.“Without thinking,Kobe Bryant Lower Merion Jersey, right away I jumped into my boat and paddle across,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, to try and assist.But by the time I reach,Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys, a few people had already gone down, but they had these two persons floundering in the water, and so I tell them to hold on to the boat, and I paddled ashore with them. I didn’t put them in the boat, because the lady had a lot of weight, and I was afraid that she would overturn my boat; however I reached the shore safely, and put them ashore.”There were other persons that rendered assistance, and helped save the lives of a few persons. Their names were mentioned in the media.However there was no mention of Lindie Mendonca, the woman who had crossed from the other side of the river and by so doing, saved the lives of two persons. There were no accolades for her, as she had just quietly disappeared into the ensuing darkness, amidst the pandemonium,Michael Irvin Miami Jersey, that had enveloped the Watooka Complex grounds, after news spread of the tragedy that claimed two other lives.But today Lindie is grateful for the greatest “accolade” that she could receive.“I think God saved my life because I had saved two, and I will forever be grateful for that. I give him praise and thanks, because despite some pain which I still feel on the side that was paralyzed, I’m alive and well. Now I know what it means to have a new lease on life- I cherish all the little things more.” (Enid Joaquin)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 16:22 , Processed in 0.076394 second(s), 28 queries .