9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-7 07:32:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
by Mr Jeremy Browne, Minister of State,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, UK Foreign OfficeThursday June 14, is the thirtieth anniversary of the conclusion of the Falklands conflict.  This week I will be representing the British Government at the commemorative service being held on the Falkland Islands.  It will be a very moving and significant event.  It is an opportunity to celebrate the liberation of the Falklands and the success of the British Armed Forces.  It is also an opportunity for sombre reflections,Derrick Rose Memphis Jersey, for the lives lost, on both sides of the conflict.This week we will remember those 255 members of our armed services who made the ultimate sacrifice for a democratic principle that remains as important today as it was then: that the people of the Falkland Islands have the right to determine by whom they are governed.During my two years as a Foreign Office Minister I have had official meetings in many Latin American countries, most recently in March when I visited Chile,Denzel Valentine Michigan State Jersey, Peru and Colombia.  I have been reminding the Foreign Ministers who I meet that the Falkland Islanders want to stay British, be allowed to live in peace with their neighbours and develop their economic livelihoods without outside interference.And that the British Government is committed to standing by them and steadfastly defending their sovereign rights as fellow British citizens.  I will make this point clear again when I am on the Falkland Islands this week.And yet,Michael Ford LSU Jersey, thirty years after the conflict,Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys, the Falkland Islands people are being forced to defend themselves once more.  In the past few years we have seen a disturbing pattern of behaviour by the current Argentinean Government which is designed to strangle the Falkland Islands’ economy and cast doubts about the Islanders sovereign right to stay British.This policy of coercion and intimidation, which neither the Falkland Islanders nor the British Government have ever sought to provoke, is an unwelcome departure from the policy of engagement and cooperation we saw from previous Argentinean governments over the last two decades.  It also goes against the spirit of international collaboration and economic cooperation which the British Government is actively seeking to promote,Jarrett Lee LSU Jersey, not just with Latin American countries but right across the globe, in order to increase trade opportunities, create prosperity and boost employment.It is important that the Argentinean government is clear about the position of the British Government: we will not allow the Falkland Islanders to be threatened or their freely and democratically expressed views to be disregarded in the international community.  To that end,Odell Beckham LSU Jersey, we have been working very closely with the Falkland Islands Government.Ultimately, this is about the people of the Falkland Islands, some of whose families have lived there for nine generations.  We are supporting their efforts to explain why they wish to continue to be free to determine their own future.In recent months the Islands’ political representatives have spoken eloquently and persuasively to the world’s media.  They have explained how the Argentinean Government’s policy of economic aggression shows a clear disregard for the principle of settling disputes peacefully, and how it has torn up previous agreements to work together with the Islanders on oil exploration,Magic Johnson Michigan State Jersey, management of fisheries and improving transportation links.Throughout this period the Islanders have conducted themselves with grace,Anthony Jennings LSU Jersey, dignity and statesmanship in showing the world that they are a hard working, resilient and forward looking community.  They just want to be left in peace to get on with their lives.I was just twelve years old when the Falklands conflict ended.  I remember vividly watching the pictures on television.  Thirty years is a long time, but for people across Britain those images will still be powerfully clear.  And the reasons why the war was fought and won remain clear today too.  The principles of freedom and self determination remain just as vital now as they were then.This anniversary provides an opportunity to commemorate both the sacrifice of the past and our enduring values into the future.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 03:14 , Processed in 0.065768 second(s), 26 queries .