9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-10 13:55:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On Friday,Atlanta Braves Kurt Suzuki Jersey, November 25, 2016, Guyana joined with the rest of the world in observance ofVolda LawrenceInternational Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women under the theme “Orange the World: Promoting Equality; Ending Gender-Based Violence”.Minister of Social Protection, Volda Lawrence,Edwin Encarnacion Jersey, said that it is time to break the silence, to “lend our voices throughout all the Regions of our country in unison against Domestic and Intimate Violence,Arizona Diamondbacks Taijuan Walker Jersey, to become involved and demonstrate our commitment to the elimination of this social ill which is so rife in our society.”Minister Lawrence urged that everyone should make it their business, make it their responsibility to shatter the glass and speak out loudly and strongly against the high incidence of violence that prevails in our villages and communities.The Social Protection Ministry on November 24, 2016 partnered with a number of organizations to kick start the 16 Days of Activism Campaign against Gender-Based Violence by doing a tree wrapping exercise along areas such as Camp Street,Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Martin Maldonado Jersey, Main Street,Erick Aybar Jersey, Carmichael Street and Waterloo Street. The sponsors for the exercise included the United Nations Country Team, the Guy Oil Company, The Guyana Prison Service, Global Technology, New Thriving Restaurant and the National Library.The areas mentioned before were draped in orange fabric to raise awareness of Gender-based Violence issues with inscription “Stop Gender-Based Violence Helpline – 231-6556”.The Ministry of Social Protection also hosted a Sensitization and Awareness Exhibition on Friday December 2, 2016 at Parliament Gardens.This initiative was intended to heighten the awareness of the Guyanese populace about gender-based violence and services that are available to the public and survivors of this heinous crime.Fabric used in the tree wrapping exercise.Saint Stanislaus College, Dolphin Secondary,Houston Astros Norichika Aoki Jersey, Central High School and Carmel Secondary were among the participating schools. Thirty students and two teachers engaged in rich discussions with officials from the Ministry about the forms of gender-based violence, its effects on the individual, family and society,Atlanta Braves Jamie Garcia Jersey, and how to respond should an individual become victim to this form of violence.The Youth Advocacy Movement at the Guyana Responsible Parenthood Association (GRPA) ensured,Milwaukee Brewers Neftali Feliz Jersey, and continues to ensure, that critical information about gender-based violence reaches young people in Guyana through a variety of educational and recreational activities. The volunteer youth activists of GRPA have also embarked on a number of activities to raise awareness in gender based violence.So far the young activists have been using social media to get their message out. The walk was followed by a martial arts and self defense training on the Seawalls, which saw a lot of women in attendance.Women have been historically, culturally, systematically and physically oppressed for years. As a result of the way ancient societies view women, society now would have adapted these same practices. The abuse of any kind to women can lead to low self esteem,Jorge De La Rosa Jersey, body image issues, lost in self-worth and value which could in turn lead to mental health concerns.Barbados and Dominica have started a movement using the hashtags #lifeinleggings and #LeveDomnik (Stand up Dominica) that is quickly becoming popular in Guyana. The movement is where women share their experiences of street harassment on social media. The Guyanese version is similar with the hash tag #ahdontalk at the end. Confidentially is being strictly enforced with the stories that are being shared.One woman wrote: “Growing up I used to think that being called cat and told how much someone wanted to have sex with me was normal. Considering the fact that almost every day I would either experience for myself or see other women go through the same, I believed that it was okay, it was culture and it was just how things went.“That is until one day on my way to lessons a boy from another school walked up to me, grabbed my privates and ran away. I didn’t even know what to do. I went to lessons and didn’t tell anyone.“I remember the night I was on my way home in a bus. I was sitting next to two young men who began telling me in detail what they wanted to do to me. The people in the seat in front of us heard and did nothing. I am sure that there are many other girls that have accepted this as normal. But no one deserves to have to go through this.”This was just one of the numbers of women that have anonymously told their stories on social media. In Guyana street harassment happens all the time, it doesn’t matter anymore if you are provocatively dressed or not. When young women walk down the streets the young men and even the older men make it their duty to harass them. They would call them names and tell them about what they would do with them given the chance.On December 10, 2016, GRPA will be hosting an event portraying poetry, dance and drama about the 16 Days of Activism which will commence on that day.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 10:25 , Processed in 0.068220 second(s), 26 queries .