10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-12 21:09:25 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Ralph SeeramI was going to write on a different subject today. I did not have in mind to write anything of a political nature. In fact, I don’t like to write on the politics in Guyana; it is depressing sometimes.So I was all set to write on a different subject when I read of the promotion of those two policemen who were involved in the torture of a teenager nearly five years ago. You may recall that the young man’s genital area was doused with methylated spirits and lit. The photograph speaks for itself.I was not only shocked that those two policemen were still in the force,Marvin Williams Hornets Swingman Jersey, but being promoted to boot. Believe me I got so angry reading this,Authentic Kemba Walker Hornets Jersey, and even worse when I read of all the nonsense emanating from the mouth of government officials justifying why these men are in the Police Force and being promoted.What does it take to get dismissed from the Guyana Police Force, if a policeman who is there to PROTECT and SERVE the public, there to see the law is upheld,Andrew Bogut Mavericks Jersey, goes and douses someone’s genitals with alcohol then proceed to light it? Is that not enough reason to dismiss those rogue cops instantly?Only the victim and God know the excruciating pain the victim experienced. The screams he uttered were probably heard for miles around that police station.Yet today, nearly five years after,Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Pistons Jersey, we are learning that those rogue cops, those inhuman beings, are still at their jobs in the Police Force. More so they are being rewarded with promotions.In any civilized society, those two from the Leonora Police Station would have been fired instantly and serving long prison time.But,Kevin Love Cavaliers Swingman Jersey, we are talking about Guyana, a much uncivilized society in so many ways. Sorry to say that, but it’s the truth.So one of these inhuman beings (you will see me using the term to describe them often because that is what they are) got promoted from Constable to Corporal while the other inhuman being got promoted from Sergeant to Inspector, because they were “good boys” (my term) since they committed that dastardly crime.Read the nonsense coming from the head of the Police Service Commission,James Harden USA Jersey, Omesh Satyanand, to defend and justify the promotions.I quote the report, “His only blunder was the act of torture in 2009 and there had been not another prior or previous to that”. Here he was speaking about the Sergeant. “From our records, he has been an outstanding policeman for over two decades and the commission took that into consideration and the police administration reinstated him. Since that last incident, we have not heard of him committing any other offence contrary to the Laws of Guyana and that is what I would want the public to know.”Well Mr. Satyanand, many a person committed murder, rape, robbery etc, but were “good boys” before they committed their crime, so they should get a “free pass” from justice? These are the types of idiots the PPP has making decisions.I heard Cabinet Secretary,Authentic Jeremy Lin Nets Jersey, Roger Luncheon,Authentic Tobias Harris Pistons Jersey, giving his excuse. He explained that the Cabinet Ministers with the explanation given to them by the Police Service Commission (PSC) did not object. And I can fairly assume that it was the same with the President, since he presides over his Cabinet.Luncheon said that the report came from the PSC, and then the PSC Chairman Satyanand said that the recommendations came from the Police Commissioner Ag. Seelall Persaud. So now the blame is at Persaud’s desk.Hold the thought, because up came Attorney General Anil Nandlall, a man who likes to “cherry pick the constitution” and is now hiding behind the Constitution, to put the Government and Cabinet in the clear.“The Executive plays no part in the recruitment, promotion, appointment or discipline of members of the Guyana Police Force, other than the Commissioner of Police and Deputy Commissioner. Indeed, these are matters from which the Executive is specifically insulated by provisions of the Constitution and the Police Act.”  So he is essentially saying that the Cabinet is not to be blamed.Therefore,Paul Millsap Hawks Swingman Jersey,we are back to Commissioner of Police Ag. Seelall Persaud; he had to approve the promotions since the men were punished. Do you know what the punishment was? They received half pay while they were off the job during investigations. They were still being paid and that was their punishment. Only in Guyana. I am not making this up.Now I have a question for Mr. Nandlall, the man who knows all about the Constitution. Since you had to pay out millions of taxpayers’ dollars to compensate the victim of the torture, is that a ground for dismissal? And further, did you make any effort to recoup the money from these two inhuman policemen?If that then 15-year-old boy, yes he was only 15 years old, was the son of President Donald Ramotar, or the son of any Cabinet Member, son of Dr. Roger Luncheon, son of PSC Chairman Omesh Persaud, son of Commissioner of Police Ag. Seelall Persaud or the son of any of the PPP big wigs, do you think these two inhuman beings for policemen would have still been in the force, much less to receive promotion?I must say shame on all the above mentioned people, especially Seelall Persaud.The tortured teenager came from a poor family from the countryside, got no connections, so no one cared except, I must say, AFC Leader Ramjattan.If you wondered why he accepted his little compensation and did not turn up in court, just look at the forces he was up against.But that’s justice under the PPP. You commit an offence you get promoted. This is not the first case.Ralph Seeram can be reached at email: [email protected] or Facebook’
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 09:26 , Processed in 0.067090 second(s), 28 queries .