10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-17 15:16:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
…owner hopes for more financing, refurbishes rented buildingAt 37, Haslyn Graham is preparing to live his dream- one he has nurtured since his early 20s.He has been approved for a radio station and has been granted an Internet Service Provider (ISP) Licence. It is part of his vision to see his hometown, Linden, progress,Henrik Lundqvist Rangers Jersey, both economically and technologically.He is one of 11 applicants that have so far been granted a radio frequency.Haslyn GrahamGraham recounts the numerous times his applications for radio and cable licences were turned down, but he never gave up.“I had the faith that one day I would get through, so I just kept on re-applying, even when a few people advised me to forget it.”Today he is happy that he persevered, and can now venture into the world of business,Chris Kreider Rangers Jersey, in an area that he has developed a passion for over the years.Graham said that he first applied for wireless cable back in 2002. “At the time what I had applied for was the (MMDS) Multi Channel,Nicklas Lidstrom Red Wings Jersey, Multi-Point Distribution Service–the very system that is presently being used by some companies in Georgetown.Even at that time it would have been an excellent project to execute in Linden, which only had one cable system- and that was not wireless.”I applied again in 2007, and now I’ve re-applied under the New Broadcasting Authority,Mats Naslund Canadiens Jersey, which includes all of those other applications. But can you imagine what this community would have been like today, if we had got the opportunity to introduce the wireless cable system here, way back in 2002?” Graham asked.He is understandably disappointed that he has not yet received approval for his wireless cable television licence, which he applied for more than ten years ago.ThankfulHe is, however, philosophical about it all. “There are people who applied for cable television licences after me, and are presently broadcasting, while I’m yet to receive approval for mine,Jonas Siegenthaler Capitals Jersey, and I guess likewise, there would be people that would have applied for their radio licences before me, and are yet to get approval.“So while I am happy to have received approval for my radio and ISP licences. I’m disappointed that I have not yet received approval for the cable licence. I can therefore empathize with others like myself that are still awaiting theirs.”Although currently employed by Bosai Minerals Group Guyana Inc as a Senior Maintenance Planner,Jimmy Howard Red Wings Jersey, Graham is very pre-occupied with putting his radio studio together at Richmond Hill.“I’ve already applied for my import licence to import my transmitter as soon as the studio is completed. I don’t want to bring it in before and have it sitting. I received my radio licence letter of approval in November 2011. I was really happy when I was called to go and uplift it.”July broadcast“I’m hoping to start broadcasting by July, even though I’m being advised, by a few persons,Dennis Maruk Capitals Jersey, that I should start right away. I want to do this just right. I want everything in place.”Graham said he is trying his best to create an atmosphere where people can come and be comfortable, and feel welcomed.“I would be promoting a lot of programmes that cater specifically to youths, like talent programmes, and so on- you know we have a lot of talent here in Linden, and people out there would have only so far seen a tip of the iceberg.”Graham pointed out that the Linden talent was obvious in the GT&T jingles competition this year,Dominic Moore Rangers Jersey, and even the previous years. “So now our youths will have more scope to showcase some more of that talent. There is so much that can be done.Graham said that his company was registered more than ten years ago,Antti Raanta Rangers Jersey, as ORBIT Television, but then later he changed the name to Linden Wireless Communication Network.Now his main preoccupation is getting approval for his long awaited cable television.The entrepreneur is currently the President of the Linden Amateur Basketball Association, and resides with his wife and three children on Blue Berry Hill.  (Enid Joaquin)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 19:15 , Processed in 0.070083 second(s), 26 queries .