9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-4-24 07:10:08 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Toddlers’ fiery deaths… – shack had no doorRelatives of the two toddlers who perished in a tiny Hadfield Street shack on Saturday are baffled as the why the victims were unable to escape,Steven Stamkos Lightning Jersey, since their small home had no door.Reports indicate that three¬-year-old Ewan Monroe and one-year-old Isiah Monroe perished after a flambeau in the small structure ignited a mattress made of sponge.However, their father,Ben Bishop Lightning Jersey, Keyron Monroe, told Kaieteur News yesterday that the structure had no door and that they would place a sheet at the entrance at night for privacy.A despondent Keyron MonroeThe shack was located at the back of a large house at Lot Q, Hadfield Street, Wortmanville.Munroe confirmed that the children were at home alone when they perished and he told Kaieteur News that he had repeatedly cautioned his spouse about leaving the toddlers unsupervised.According to the grieving father,Tie Domi Rangers Jersey, his reputed wife, Anita Ramdeo, “would usually go and leave them for short periods,Dominic Moore Rangers Jersey, sometimes hours.”The 22-year-old woman, who is pregnant,Bob Probert Red Wings Jersey, was reportedly at a shop in Bent Street when the blaze started.Munroe said that he was told that his spouse was seen at the front of the yard with a flambeau before she left for the shop.She was detained shortly after the tragedy and was still in custody at the East La Penitence Police Station yesterday.Irate residents had hurled threats at the young mother after she returned to the scene while the home was ablaze.Appearing on the verge of tears, Munroe, 23, recalled that he had played with the children on Saturday morning.Munroe, who does odd jobs but is at present unemployed, said that he then left at around 11:30 hrs to seek employment. He spent the rest of the day at a friend’s house in South Ruimveldt.He was still there at around 19:19 hrs when he received a disturbing phone call.“A neighbour called to say that my children were dead,Alex Ovechkin Capitals Jersey,” he said.He immediately caught a bus but said that he didn’t believe the caller.“I thought it was a joke,Jarred Tinordi Canadiens Jersey, but then I heard the (fire engine) siren through the telephone and then I believed. I cried all the way home.”On arriving, he ran to the back of the Lot Q, Hadfield Street house where his small home was located, only to be greeted by the sight of his burnt shack and his dead children.It is reported that Munroe fainted at the scene of the tragedy.Yesterday,Mats Zuccarello Rangers Jersey, he had still not quite accepted the fact that his children had perished.“I can’t believe it. Every time I go to the back (where the burnt shack is located) is just memories.”The young father says that he visited his reputed wife at the East La Penitence Police Station.“She said that she did not mean to leave the children alone. She said that she was frustrated and scared and that was why she left the scene.”Munroe’s reputed wife fled after realizing what had taken place but had later returned only to be greeted by angry neighbours. Munroe says that he has been living in the shack since November 2008.Munroe said that at present, he is staying at an aunt who occupies the house at the front of the shack.Glenis John, the children’s great aunt, said that she was sitting in her living room during a power outage when she saw “a brightness” in the area near her kitchen.She realized that her nephew’s shack was on fire. According to the aunt, she ran outside and carried a tub filled with water to the burning shack.Other residents also attempted to douse the flames and rescue the children.“Then I heard one of the boys say ‘oh God they done dead,’” she recalled.According to her,Beau Bennett Penguins Jersey, to her knowledge, the children’s mother was outside on the road talking when the incident occurred but she was aware that both her children had died when she fled.A neighbour said that after the aunt raised an alarm he went to the scene and saw one of the children lying in the house and the other lying outside.“She would normally go and leave them but somebody said that she took one of them out and drop them on the way and went on and on,” he added.Meanwhile, Managing Director and Publisher of Kaieteur News Mr. Glenn Lall yesterday expressed concern on seeing the burnt shack in which the family had lived.“That is extreme poverty. I can’t believe that a family could live under those conditions,” he said.“These are the kinds of people who need cheap house-lots.”Mr. Lall has promised to assist the family financially and has invited Mr. Munroe to meet him at Kaieteur News on Tuesday.In the meantime, he will also assist them with their funeral expenses.Mr. Lall said he would also appeal to his other business colleagues to assist the family.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 02:03 , Processed in 0.080539 second(s), 26 queries .